Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok my versa has been stuck in park for a couple of months now only because I'm not sure which route to take due to money being tight. I've taken the center console apart trying to get the shift lock release to work but apparently it's not the shifter that's locked I was thinking it may be the linkage. But on the other hand it could have something to do with the brakes. Prior to it being locked up Ive been having issues with the driver side tail light choosing when it wants to work. I would have to take the whole tail light assembly off mess with the wires a little then put it back on and it would work like a champ. So, I'm not sure if it's electrical or my transmission has bitten the dust or what. I'm at a complete loss, this is my daily driver I'm borrowing a vehicle from my dad and I appreciate it so very much but gas is killing me! If anyone knows what the hell is wrong or has any advice PLEASE let me know! Thank you!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ok my versa has been stuck in park for a couple of months now only because I'm not sure which route to take due to money being tight. I've taken the center console apart trying to get the shift lock release to work but apparently it's not the shifter that's locked I was thinking it may be the linkage. But on the other hand it could have something to do with the brakes. Prior to it being locked up Ive been having issues with the driver side tail light choosing when it wants to work. I would have to take the whole tail light assembly off mess with the wires a little then put it back on and it would work like a champ. So, I'm not sure if it's electrical or my transmission has bitten the dust or what. I'm at a complete loss, this is my daily driver I'm borrowing a vehicle from my dad and I appreciate it so very much but gas is killing me! If anyone knows what the hell is wrong or has any advice PLEASE let me know! Thank you!
I recommend that you buy an OBDII scanner with the options to scan transmissions and other additional modules, it is the only way to see what your problem is, remember these cars have modules that report what problems they present

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a reader and the only code that pops up is a cylinder 4 misfire.
There are different types of automotive scanner, you must have one that allows you to test all your systems, OBD2 scanner supports ENG / AT / ABS / SRS diagnoses. Not only OBD2, this will show you engine codes, if your problem is transmission, those codes are obtained by another way, your car is an automatic nissan versa, I don't know which year, all the nissan versar 2012-2017 had problems with the automatic transmissions and CTV transmissions, but that information is given to you by an automated scanner with the characteristics that I mention. (ABS / SRS / Engine / Transmission Scan Tool), you would have to invest a few dollars in such a scanner.

The other option is that you pay a technician a few hours and have him do an evaluation of your vehicle. it would be the most recommended

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 15 Versa did that. I had an ABS code for stop light not working. There are 2 switches on the brake pedal and one reports to the ABS and traction system to signal when brakes are applied for the ABS system functions. I replaced the switch and all is good. I was able to insert a piece of metal in the shift lock which activated the shift release and I was able to shift my car. The shift lock will not release if the brakes aren't applied or if the signal doesn't make it to the ABS traction control system.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.