Nissan Versa Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
I went back through the thread and noticed that you said the problems started after you got a new battery in it. I have to wonder if there wasn't a voltage spike when the new battery was hooked up that might have caused an issue with the PCM. Just doing some brainstorming, so don't put too much stock into my hypothesis.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
So here's the latest. Took it to Nissan who said that the Toque Convertor is getting locked and the fix is a new Transmission. They were vague on what they actually did to come that conclusion other than the mechanic determined this. They offerred no paperwork, or any reports. So I took it to transmission garage who did a free diagnosis. They hooked it up and found a stored code in the history of P1588 (G Sensor Circuit Range Performance). They gave me reports of before and after calibration which showed the G Sensor voltage moved from (before) min 2.41 to max of 2.61 and (after) of min 2.53 to max 2.55. The G Sensor slop % was (before) - 4.29 to max + 4.21. The (after) numbers were min 0.55 to max 1.66. They said that the G sensor might need replaced and they will quote it and get back to me. When I call Nissan, they don't know what a G sensor is? So I am puzzled. I have the Dealer saying need new Transmission and a transmission garage saying replace G sensor? Any thoughts anyone?

·
Registered
1 Posts
So here's the latest. Took it to Nissan who said that the Toque Convertor is getting locked and the fix is a new Transmission. They were vague on what they actually did to come that conclusion other than the mechanic determined this. They offerred no paperwork, or any reports. So I took it to transmission garage who did a free diagnosis. They hooked it up and found a stored code in the history of P1588 (G Sensor Circuit Range Performance). They gave me reports of before and after calibration which showed the G Sensor voltage moved from (before) min 2.41 to max of 2.61 and (after) of min 2.53 to max 2.55. The G Sensor slop % was (before) - 4.29 to max + 4.21. The (after) numbers were min 0.55 to max 1.66. They said that the G sensor might need replaced and they will quote it and get back to me. When I call Nissan, they don't know what a G sensor is? So I am puzzled. I have the Dealer saying need new Transmission and a transmission garage saying replace G sensor? Any thoughts anyone?
Hi Windsor, Any further updates on this issue? I have a 2012 1.6 and I am experiencing the same issues.... For me, this only happens when the car is cold, if I start it and let it idle for 5 - 10 mins start driving then it rides perfectly fine. Thanks!

·
Registered
27 Posts
I tried using my resources to find more information for you, and the diagnostic flowchart for the P1588 code does mention a G sensor underneath the center console, so I wonder if it's not an accelerometer that may also be listed as the yaw rate sensor. Unfortunately parts catalogs and service manuals don't always line up. I'd have a hard time seeing how that sensor would impact the transmission, though.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I wouldn't chase the g sensor. If it stalls when you take it out of park, I would believe the torque converter 100%. If you had a scan tool that could communicate with the transmission you may be able to see it happening in the data, but so far my money is on the TC.

Does it happen constantly?

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

21 - 25 of 25 Posts