Nissan Versa Forums banner

W/ the info available to public, what do you think of the redesigned 2012 Versa?

• Impressed!

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • So-so

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • Disappointed!

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Not enough information to make an opinion.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
3,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So far, with the current information available to the public, what do you think of the (redesigned 2nd gen) 2012 Nissan Versa? You guys can comment on the matter here and explain what you think Nissan should of done or not with the sedan/hatchback.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Has the hatch officially been announced for US yet? The USA site only has sedan right now I think, and hatch was always Tiida not Versa.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I hope the hatch is decent. I don't like the sedan at all tho. But I plan on a hatchback next, so I really just care about that lol

·
Registered
36 Posts
I've saw pictures of the 2012 and the exterior looks nice, kinda like a Camry in a way but the interior, meh, I'll keep mine. I can't stand the rounded vent holes and the rounded buttons on the steering wheel. If they kept the same interior with the newly redesigned exterior I would be a little jealous.There's also piece of mind in knowing the previous 4 years models are the same as what I just bought for compatibility/interchangeability issues.

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
Sedan-
  • I like the exterior better then the previous. It's classier and smoother. Not as quirky and funky of the 1st gen.
  • The interior seems to be a step down. I don't know how nissan could do that being the 1st gen is pretty bland, basic and looks like it was a DIY kit made by playschool. The new one is even more playschool.
  • The engine I love so far. Everyone knows I'm a fan of the HR16DE. Tuner companies in japan do things with the HR motors and they seem to be very good engines. This new one is revised with dual injectors and supposedly increase mpg's. I get over 40mpg with my old HR16DE so lets see what the new one can do!
  • It seems this is now a global car. I love global cars. Because they are the same all over the world. This is a pet peeve of mine. I always hated when they make cars drastically different between countries.
Hatch-
  • exterior is awesome from the windshield forward. The rest is ok, and I can't even say I like it better then 1st gen. It's too much rogue and murano and not enough mazda3 or GTI if you know what I mean.
  • the interior on this so far seems top notch. A huge improvement over previous generation. Seems much more upscale and fitting of the price tag finally
  • the engine so far we think will be the MR16DDT. I'm a fan only because it's turbo. But like the rest of the MR family the gas mileage is not the greatest according to juke forums. Also there have already been cases of engines needing to be replaced and alot of issues with the stock intercooler piping breaking. I wonder what a base non turbo engine would be in this? Or maybe nissan will do like the juke and only offer the one.
  • if this doesn't come with a manual tranny and turbo engine it's a huge fail on nissan's part.

·
Banned
3,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
sedan

pros
  • Exterior is easy on the eyes, can't say much else about it.
  • Good amount of standard safety features.
  • Fuel & temp gauge are digital, which I like. 1st gen Versa didn't have a temp gauge, just colors for hot/cold.
  • Front end looks more like a car than an SUV like the Murano.
cons
  • Plastic interior assembly parts look really cheap. The control knobs for climate control appear really simple and 2nd best. Nissan decided to use lines instead of numbers for the fan speed. Could be a little more upscale like the Sentra.
  • The cup holder locations are lame, why the hell should you have to reach over the shifter?
  • Probably too pedestrian friendly, should be more aggressive (Hyundai Accent, Mazda 2). Nissan trying to cater to the masses like usual.
  • They downgraded to a 1.6l engine, for god knows why they did this probably to increase avg. MPG. Should of gone up to 1.9l or 130hp.
The hatch might have the same features, or more depending on the trim that's being purchased. Have to wait and see when its available to the public for purchase.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Wish it was a wagon, that's all. impressed. 9 out of 10

·
Registered
81 Posts
2012 Nissan Versa

There's a great improvement in the structure and I guess the precision engineering will improve the performance of this car as well. I can see that they work hard with the features of new nissan parts so this one is worth a ride.

·
Premium Member
4,524 Posts
Looks decent, too pricey though. Went to Nissan last week and saw a base model...auto, factory radio, manual windows/locks for $16k? I'd rather keep mine. Not paying $300/mo for a base model.

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
Looks decent, too pricey though. Went to Nissan last week and saw a base model...auto, factory radio, manual windows/locks for $16k? I'd rather keep mine. Not paying $300/mo for a base model.
That is over MSRP. Seems these new versa's are fetching more then msrp for some reason. Well it's a new model and they are selling really well. Like 11k units last month! I won't pay over msrp on a car.

·
Premium Member
4,524 Posts
Same here, i paid $11,400 for mine but it was $11,900 and they took $500 off so that's good. 11k units sold in a month is good though. We should have more 2nd Gen members soon then...syke, i doubt it. Lol

·
Registered
106 Posts
Poll is closed but I would have to say I am basically impressed. The original V was somewhat odd looking, which is what made it appealing to some. The exterior looks a little better than the first gen.

From what I understand there is no center arm rest? That is a real deal breaker for me from a comfort stand point.

·
Banned
3,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
$16k for a base model Versa, $300 a month? That's lame.

I paid $20k for my Mazda 3, put about $4k in downpayment to pay all the taxes since they're 8%. Only came out to $335 a month 0% apr for 60 months. For $35 extra a month, getting a hell of alot more features than a base model Versa.

·
Banned
455 Posts
$16k for a base model Versa, $300 a month? That's lame.

I paid $20k for my Mazda 3, put about $4k in downpayment to pay all the taxes since they're 8%. Only came out to $335 a month 0% apr for 60 months. For $35 extra a month, getting a hell of alot more features than a base model Versa.
I agree...you could get a sentra S for that much....I know I did on ly first one...warrenties and all brought me to 20k for my first sentra...what apr are you looking at? Cause that much for a base is shit..hell my spec v was only 21k at 0% apr paying bout 350 a month..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts