Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody have this accessory? Ive seen a few pictures with the oem spoiler you can buy but never a real world pic. It looks good but want to get opinions from people who have it and how hard it was to install. The dealer wants $400 for it so i want to make sure its what i want before spending that kinda money on a non functional part of the car. Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just installed it this past weekend. The install was actually not very difficult. It didn't come with any instructions, however it is fairly self explanitory. It took me about an hour. The only part that I am a little upset about is that the spoiler has adhiesive tape all the way around it, so you only have one shot to get it right. There are two bolts and three clips. The holes you drill will allow some movement for possitioning, but like i said, once you have stuck it... you're stuck with it. lol. here is a picture of mine.

Oh... and i know that the dealer priced matched web sites... so you might want to look around and see if you can get it cheaper. Good Luck!!!

·
Registered
321 Posts
Body work does not void warranty. Aftermarket parts only void warranty if say you go to the dealer for an issue with suspension and they find that the kit you installed was the cause to the failure, if that makes sense.. Other than that no.

As for installing you can do it yourself. If you're OCD about it like me, it would be best to get it done professionally or by dealer. Except I don't have money so I'm forced to do stuff by myself :/

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just installed it this past weekend. The install was actually not very difficult. It didn't come with any instructions, however it is fairly self explanitory. It took me about an hour. The only part that I am a little upset about is that the spoiler has adhiesive tape all the way around it, so you only have one shot to get it right. There are two bolts and three clips. The holes you drill will allow some movement for possitioning, but like i said, once you have stuck it... you're stuck with it. lol.
Where did you buy your spoiler? I found one at this website: Carid.com, but I'm a little nervous to get it from them. Want to make sure someone's had success first. Dealer tried to charge me $700 to paint and install the spoiler!!! That's on top of all the other "dealer adds" they had listed like the tint for $595. Just a little ridiculous.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Where did you buy your spoiler? I found one at this website: Carid.com, but I'm a little nervous to get it from them. Want to make sure someone's had success first. Dealer tried to charge me $700 to paint and install the spoiler!!! That's on top of all the other "dealer adds" they had listed like the tint for $595. Just a little ridiculous.
I got mine off amazon from spoiler and wing king it cost me $64 unpainted but if you want it painted to your factory color it cost $99 east DIY drill and screw in basicly

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just received mine from spoiler and wing king. The color match is perfect. Installing tomorrow. I was wondering if anyone had come across a rear windshield spoiler/lip for the 2012 sedan? I also couldnt find the measurements for the rear windshield to compare other cars. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Does the spoiler add in MPGs at all? I assume it would be hard to track given differences in driving conditions from tank to tank, but its included in the fuel economy package on some trims of the Versa.

·
Premium Member
1,105 Posts
I got a 2016 S versa and notice that model does not come with the spoiler. Like below, any benefits to it other than an LED 3rd brake lamp? Does it effect mpg or handling?

Does the spoiler add in MPGs at all? I assume it would be hard to track given differences in driving conditions from tank to tank, but its included in the fuel economy package on some trims of the Versa.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.