Nissan Versa Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Thanks for all the suggestions. I found a Carter fuel pump on eBay for$300. Could never find the pump motor itself. At this point my time was more valuable than screwing around trying to find the motor. Total fail boat design... Put the new pump in, buttoned everything back up, put fresh gas in the tank and she fired right up. Basically paid $300 for a $5 motor, but that's life I guess. At least I didn't blow myself up so there's that.

·
Registered
167 Posts
^ Thanks for what you've shared on this.

I hear you. Components like this are money makers for sure. Imagine what it would have costed you to have a shop do it.

Like posted above, I'd imagine quite a few fuel pump/sending units have been replaced only because of the crappy wiring connectors.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
To the guys discussing the ring, I used a big flat head, lodged it in the groove on the locking ring and then beat it with a big framing hammer. You need precise hard hits. It's steel so you're not gonna hurt it. Took me maybe 5 minutes to get it open.

So I filled up and it seemed like the car was taking more fuel than usual. Stopped at 8.6 gallons as I put around 4 in it and had not driven much since then. I thought this one had a 9 or 10 gallon tank. Drove 70 miles last night and fire gauge is still at full... Gonna pull seat to make sure nothing worked lose dumping fuel into the frame area. I would think if it was not pressurized, then the car would not start... New pump is def louder than the old one, but it is working great so far.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts