Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 versa 1.6l Manuel with 102,000 miles. Have p0101 camshaft circuit malfunction code. Getting proper signal to sensor and I don't want to throw one on with all the forums iv read that it was useless. It still runs am currently 1800 miles from home. It idles normal with no sounds. When I go to take off in first when I get to 3000rpm there is a tick/flutter sound that gets louder but I back off when it sounds. Very poor acceleration especially up hill. I have changed plugs, oil and cleaned and check all sensor plugs and sensors. Lost on what to do now. Cheaper camshaft sensor I have found is 80 bucks. Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advanced.

·
Registered
273 Posts
P0101 is maf sensor circuit code. It is most commonly caused by a vacuum leak, dirty throttle body, or need for ecm update. A scan tool that reads live data can quickly tell you if there is a vacuum leak, if you have one. I don't think I've ever seen this code alone be a maf sensor, so don't be eager to replace that yet.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not and I just got some marvel mystery oil to put in it. The flutter sounds like the lifters are floating which im assuming it could be the cause of the code because the valves not opening all the way

·
Registered
273 Posts
That sound is ultra common on these and wouldn't cause this code. If you want to try anything at all yourself I'd check your intake ducting for leaks, clamps, make sure your airbox is sealed shut, doesn't have a $3 or dirty air filter, clean the throttle, body, and do the relearn procedure.

Return the fix in a bottle and get the other supplies needed to do the throttle body cleaning. Spend the $10 on a Bluetooth dongle for your phone and download a free OBD2 app.

You mentioned cam sensors though. The p0101 is maf circuit.

How exactly did you confirm good signal on the sensor and what sensor were you on?

There is an ecm update for this vehicle for that code, too. So it's possible that there is nothing in the world you can do to fix it, unless you bring it in for reprogramming.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm gonna check the maf and CPS with my multimeter in a bit. Was debating on pulling valve cover off for possible worn camshaft I cleaned the maf sensor several times and the live data is reading normal.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Update, checked both sensors and they are reading spec. No vacumm leaks air box is tight with new filter. Been watching the live data on the maf, short and long term fuel trim and oxygen sensors. But I'm noticing that the short term trim drops out to 0 alot expecialy if I put the peddle all the way to the floor. Trying not to have to pull the valve cover but I don't know what else to do I checked wiring also.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts