Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 20 of 144 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

It's not much to look at yet but here is the first images of the 2012 Versa being tested. I know we had a thread for the 2011 but I think it's time to start a new one for the 2012.

Call me crazy but do I see 5 lug and rear disc?

·
Registered
1,209 Posts

·
Registered
927 Posts
ill get it if it comes with more than 200hp since most of the cars today are coming out with the standard 175hp+ :p and keep it above 25mpg on city. My car in consideration atm is the nissan altima hybrid :p

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Almost looks like a shrunken Rogue. The front seems to have that same Rogue look to it ...
this is what I'm afraid of. I wanted a hot hatch not a shrunken mini SUV.

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Last hot hatch from nissan was the pulsar gtir.

It had the performance to back up it's awesome looks too. AWD sr20det powered rocket. I want the modern day version of the above pic.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
354 Posts
Almost looks like a shrunken Rogue. The front seems to have that same Rogue look to it ...
I agree x2...I love the way the Versa looks now/2010 models and I think it would suck if Nissan redid the Versa to be a mini-crossover looking vehicle like the Rogue/Murano...although a lot of their body styles are similar, I think it would be better if they kept the Versa the only of it's family at Nissan. :/

As for the HP, I do think it's a good idea to bump it up a few if not as much as they can while keeping it gas efficient because the Versa needs some get up and go to still be safe with all of the SUVs on the road...sometimes it feels a little too slow in dangerous situations/interstate driving people put you through.

Just some thoughts, let me know what you guys think!

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
I agree x2...I love the way the Versa looks now/2010 models and I think it would suck if Nissan redid the Versa to be a mini-crossover looking vehicle like the Rogue/Murano...although a lot of their body styles are similar, I think it would be better if they kept the Versa the only of it's family at Nissan. :/

As for the HP, I do think it's a good idea to bump it up a few if not as much as they can while keeping it gas efficient because the Versa needs some get up and go to still be safe with all of the SUVs on the road...sometimes it feels a little too slow in dangerous situations/interstate driving people put you through.

Just some thoughts, let me know what you guys think!
I like it the way it is too, but they have to keep changing their vehicles in order to get people interested and keep up with other companies. And by constantly changing their models, it makes people trade in their current car; therefore making themselves more money!

I think the Versa is fine in all driving conditions. I've never had an issue passing anyone, or driving through the mountainous areas in the US, or driving through snow storms. I think it's a great car for all driving conditions. I love mine :D

·
Registered
354 Posts
BINGO! That is exactly what I'm hoping Nissan doesn't do...they already have to Rogue, Murano, Juke, and Pathfinder...they don't need to slap on the same front bumper and call it done...

Although I won't be buying one anyways, I just think they should stop making them all so uniform and leave the Versa platform alone as far as making it look just like the rest of their vehicles on the line :/

My bad, I had no idea I already replied to this...sorry lol

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
next gen Versa revealled

Just got an email from nissan revealing the next gen Versa.

They keep it close to this and I will be happy. Not all that radical but seems very nice.

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
good question! I have no idea. I do know nissan was talking about bringing back the 2 door economy car. Similar to the 200sx they had in the 90's. This image came straight from nissan and was tagged 2012 versa though. Of course this is just a sketch so it may not be exactly like the actual car.

·
Registered
315 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
looks pretty dope, but not really feeling it like that yet, but then again the versa's we have now took some time to grow on me.

hopefully they don't come out looking like Altima Jr's and also hopefully the price doesn't increase along with the look change.

just my 2 cents.

1 - 20 of 144 Posts