Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know nothing about cars and that is why I am here! I drove to the drugstore today, and on the way back the ABS light and the Slip indicator came on and would not go off. It's spring so there is no snow, and no rain or anything, totally dry conditions. I just tried it again a few minutes ago and those two Warning lights still coming on. Is this something dangerous? When driving my brakes felt normal, I noticed no other problems, in fact I don't drive it very often. Any help is appreciated!

·
Registered
674 Posts
I know nothing about cars and that is why I am here! I drove to the drugstore today, and on the way back the ABS light and the Slip indicator came on and would not go off. It's spring so there is no snow, and no rain or anything, totally dry conditions. I just tried it again a few minutes ago and those two Warning lights still coming on. Is this something dangerous? When driving my brakes felt normal, I noticed no other problems, in fact I don't drive it very often. Any help is appreciated!

Check your "Brake Fluid" level first, and then read below:

Copied from another poster on this forum:

The traction control system automatically actuates the cars brakes to slow/stop a wheel from slipping. When the fluid levels in the brake system are low then the traction/stability control system goes into safe mode and will no longer function until the brake fluid levels are topped off. Fluid levels in the master cylinder drop when the brake's friction material on the disk pads and shoes gets thinner. If the levels drop enough that you need to add fluid then more than likely your pads are at the point they need to be replaced.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
Kristin
Nissan Versa Forums
We’re a forum community dedicated to Nissan Versa owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion on performance, troubleshooting, accessories, purchasing, maintenance and more!
Full Forum Listing