Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to find the mileage intervals for servicing the CVT transmission on my 2012 Versa. I'm having a hard time finding accurate info and some info seems unbelievable. One website stated that the CVT transmission never needed to be serviced. Thank you for the help.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found that, but I did not find anything regarding service intervals.

·
Registered
709 Posts
I found that, but I did not find anything regarding service intervals.
For vehicles with a CVT transmission
(cube, Murano, Altima, Altima
Coupe, Maxima, Rogue, Sentra
and Versa), replace the fluid every
60,000 miles or request the dealer
to inspect the fluid deterioration
data using a Consult. If the deterioration
data is more than 210000, replace the CVT fluid.

Further info:

For vehicles with a CVT; cube®, Murano®, Altima®, Altima coupe, Maxima®, Rogue®, Pathfinder®, Sentra® and Versa®, replace the fluid every 60,000 miles or if the CVT fluid deterioration data is more than 210000.
If towing a trailer or if the vehicle is driven on rough or muddy roads, replace the CVT fluid every 30,000 miles or 24 months.
When servicing a Nissan vehicle equipped with a CVT, make sure to use the appropriate Nissan CVT fluid specified in the Electronic Service Manual (ESM), Owner’s Manual or Service and Maintenance Guide.
NISSAN CVT Fluid NS-2 (“green fluid”) – applies to all Nissan vehicles equipped with a CVT built prior to 2013. Use NS-2 green fluid to service these vehicles.
New, unused service replacement CVTs may have some residual “blue” NS-3 fluid. However, these service replacement CVTs should be filled with NS-2 green fluid. No draining is necessary.

·
Super Moderator
1,105 Posts
Replace the CVT fluid every 30,000 miles or 24 months. Soon wastes fluid time and money unless you drive it like you stole it and experience issues that did not exist after the previous change.

I had a honda with a cvt and when the fluid needed changing it started to jerk more. I changed it everyother engine oil change or about 15 thousand miles. I just did a drain and fill which for it was 3 qts.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you everyone for all your help and for the info. Cobb for the drain and fill did your tranny shift properly and operate normally? With that being said, any tips on a drain and fill for a 2012 Versa?

·
Super Moderator
1,105 Posts
No, not really. Use Nissan fluid. For my honda I used the honda one, but one day tried Enos. It shifted better, but the fluid was BLACK when I changed it. I went back to honda brand.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts