Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It's almost the middle of 2009 and 2010 is just around the corner. Nissan is due for a total remodel for the Versa late in fall 2011. What are your predictions/speculations of the remodeled V?

Possible options/accessories:

Increase engine size to 2.0L
Base, S, SL & SL-R trim models
120HP for Base trim, 135-140HP for S, SL & SL-R
Manual & CVT transmissions
Paddle shifter for Manual
Automatic Temperature control w/ outside temperture display
Auto on/off headlights
Integrated radio w/ GPS & 2 USB connections
Nissan Intelligent Key w/ Push button Ignition start
Illuminated steering wheel mounted audio controls
Illuminated stainless steel kick plates
Flat truck space when rear seats fold down
Daytime running lights
ABS standard on all trims
Better positioned cup holders
Custom front grille
Sporty Nissan rims for SL & SL-R trims
Rear Sonar System
Traction Control System (TCS)

Exterior - The design, I think the sedan model will look more like the hatchback, especially the rear end. It should look sporty. The hatchback rear end will incorporate the appear of the Nissan 370Z, especially the taillights. The front end will look more like the current Sentra, headlights will stretch out further above the fenders.

Interior - It shall increase in size, but not by much. Expect it to be wider by 2" on both sides. Nissan could incorporate rear floor vents for the passengers in the back and USB ports to charge electronic devices such as MP3 players or IPods. You could plug in an external harddrive through the USB port and play music or movies through them.

When I have time, I can draw up a quick sketch and speculate what it could appear to look like. If anybody has questions or opinions, please feel free.

·
Registered
452 Posts
:iamwithstupid: he must be talking about that stupid crap their doing now like say on the vw r32 and the new skyline.. that sport auto bs..

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
I'm betting boomarang headlights and tailights ala maxima and 370z. A design that is more worldly now that all production of the V and T's are in the same place. Meaning maybe one body style for everywhere. I don't think they are going to upgrade the engine just yet. Though a nice sporty model with the mr20 and rear disc brakes would be a hit.

Actually instead of choosing what I think will happen here is my wishful thinking 2011 V:

2011 Versa R (No SE-R because no SR20, no SL-R because SL's aren't sporty)

2.0 mr20de (with less restrictive intake manifold, exhaust, and tune 160hp approx)
6sp manual transmission (no pansy auto's or snoody CVT's here, mainly due to cost)
Limited Slip differential
Aero kit (totally different then the sport)
Lightweight hood/hatch (aluminum or CF whatever is cheaper)
Light Weight Wheels (again exclusive to this model)
rear disc brakes
upgraded front disc brakes
Fog lights
Sporty cloth seats (not the grandma stuff we have now)

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What I may do is photoshop the Versa, put the 370z tailights on it, use the 2009 Sentra headlights and stretch it out a bit. Make the rear end and front end more rounded and curved similar to the 2009 Civic coupe.

·
Administrator
5,024 Posts
If they do like skunk has shown with a 1.6L turbo 200hp I may have to sell my versa lol, but i highly doubt it. Even if they put the 2.0L in there i wont sell my car. The extra 20hp? For selling and buying another car and having payments all over again. Na.

I dont see much of anything changing honestly. Nissan is basing there performance on the 370Z and the GT-R. Which what they need to do is make a killer little hatch like everyone else ex. Mazdaspeed 3, Golf GTI, etc.

·
Registered
927 Posts
reason is because the states wants a full control over cars and how fast they can go and the price value for it... let say they release a r30 in the states back then today people will still mod that r30 and can hold a 400+hp with less than 20,000 for the whole car with mods lol...

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
Bumping this back up as new pics have surfaced.

Some speculation is that the new Versa might actually bring back the Pulsar name (which I think is awesome, google pulsar GTir to see why). Also nissan might be lumping the sentra/versa into this new pulsar. I guess that would make sense since the versa is roomier then the sentra and the new Micra can fill the small car segment.

·
Registered
294 Posts
concept is not too wack, but somehow still keeps the Versa look. So I approve, at least it's not like a drastic jump from what Mits did with the Eclipse. I really like the 2g Eclipse and when the 3g came out, it looked so different and well it did look nice but not as nice as the 2g Eclipse imo.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.