Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
63k miles
2012 sedan

What front wheel bearing hub assembly have solid ratings and longevity?
My right front is going bad and I'm looking at Timken from RockAuto. Does anyone have any install videos?
Thanks!

·
Registered
167 Posts
try youtube, there are many.
Timken is the one I have on my wish list (just in case).
In 2016 I was told by the dealer that my wheel bearing was bad and needed replacement....4 years later I still have to hear the sound...

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

I looked on YouTube but most seem to be for the hatchback. I was hoping to find a sedan one so I know the exact process but I'll check again.
So far it seems like the assembly is the way to go instead of just the bearing so i don't have to get it pressed in.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hatchback and sedan install wouldn't be the same? I agree installing the wheel hub assembly would be easiest... and more costly. BTDT with other vehicles

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Based on the diagrams the bearing is pressed into the spindle itself, not bolted to the spindle via a hub assembly. Ugh.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Based on the diagrams the bearing is pressed into the spindle itself, not bolted to the spindle via a hub assembly. Ugh.
Correct. On these newer vehicles they're pressed in. This is why I just bite the bullet and buy the wheel hub assembly. I understand why you want to buy just the bearing (much cheaper). For me, I don't have a way to press it in and machine shops are becoming rare. Attached are a couple comparisons of what it would cost me for a 2011 Hatchback at RockAuto.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would much rather replace the wheel hub assembly. However, nearly every wheel hub assembly is noted specifically for the hatchback- not the sedan. Different motors and other suspension things.....

From what I'm seeing the bearing is pressed into the actual spindle not a separate bolt-on hub assembly as in the parts you showed.

If you put in a 2012 sedan with the 1.6 and find wheel hub assemblies you'll see they are compatible only with the 1.8 which is found only in the hatchback.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just called Nissan.
There is a wheel bearing and hub assembly available for the 1.8 hatchback. However, the 1.6 does not have a hub assembly, instead the bearing, wheel bearing snap ring, and wheel hub are all sold separately and are not bolt on.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts