Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2012 Versa Squeaking Problem [Solved]

Have a problem when the A/C is on and the engine is running the car makes a constant squeaking noise. The noise comes from near the belts and it only makes the sound when the engine is running and the A/C is on. When the car is only in the ON position then it doesn't make the noise.

Edit: Also noticed that on cold start, without A/C on, it squeaks and has unsteady rpm for a couple seconds before going back to normal. Replaced the serpentine belt and the issue went away.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Have a problem when the A/C is on and the engine is running the car makes a constant squeaking noise. The noise comes from near the belts and it only makes the sound when the engine is running and the A/C is on. When the car is only in the ON position then it doesn't make the noise.
Might be time that you change the serpentine belt.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I checked the pulley and tensioner and they all were in working conditions, so I replaced the serpentine belt and the problem went away! Thanks everyone for their help

·
Registered
255 Posts
I checked the pulley and tensioner and they all were in working conditions, so I replaced the serpentine belt and the problem went away! Thanks everyone for their help
Thanks for the update. Did you do the spray water test before replacing the belt?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
5 Participants
SlickVersa
Nissan Versa Forums
We’re a forum community dedicated to Nissan Versa owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion on performance, troubleshooting, accessories, purchasing, maintenance and more!
Full Forum Listing