Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ac works good, blows cold, heater blows cold when I turn everything over to heat mode. Even after the car is fully warmed up.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
  1. Coolant is both full when I open the cap for the main and the reservoir is max as well. Correct no heat out of any settings.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Thermostat stuck open? How long have you owned the car? Possibly a previous owner took the thermostat out or replaced it with one of lower heat value such as a 160* instead of a 180* thermostat.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That’s what I was thinking too, the car does not overheat, the temp. gauge stays consistently in the middle. I’ve had the car for about a year now and never really needed to use the heat cause I live in Vegas. Didn’t know there were two different temp thermostat? I really doubt the Heater core is bad for a 2012? No weird coolant smell anywhere either.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Check the parts diagrams on some of the online service manuals available. Could be a blend door isn't doing it's thing and it's blocking off the heat.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah looked don’t think the Versa has a heater control valve switch. Watched a YouTube video on one with a titan and the switch in the valve was not getting turned.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I assume the cabin fan is running when you turn on the heat.

Here are my thoughts.
1)Thermostat stuck open.

2)Blockage in the heater core
See if you can locate where the 2 heater hoses enter the firewall. Once the car is up to temperature, carefully feel both hoses and see if they are hot, or if t here is a noticeable difference between on or the other.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes the cabin fan is on as well, will do once I find where those hoses are located, hoping it’s the thermostat.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Thermostat stuck open?
Then the engine would not reach an operating temperature. OP stated that his car is fully warmed up, and the temp. gauge stays consistently in the middle. So it seems that the heat generating system is good, and the culprit is the heat delivering system (heat core, blend door etc.).

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Lol was hoping it wasn’t the heater core, gotta take out the entire dash to get to it. As for the blend door, no idea where it’s located, tried googling it. Thanks for everyone’s reply.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I have no experience on how to access the blend door,

As for the heater core, check the hose temperature in and out of the firewall. I've never done it on a versa so I don't know %100 where they are located.
If there is a blockage, you can try flushing the hear core with a garden hose in both directions to see if you can break free whatever is clogging it.

Please keep us updated on you progress.
and Good Luck!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Will keep everyone updated, weird issue. Googled everywhere about no heat for the Versa and barely anything pops up, everything leads to thermostat, clogged heater core, or if there was a blend door, it’s probably stuck. Don’t think my actual hvac controls are broken.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
If it has a blend door the heater core is likely not clogged, they are open 100% at all times and done to not clog up, which happens when the flow gets cut off with a heater control valve. On a full flow heater core the heat is controlled by a blend door that closes completely to cut off all heat. That door likely not working.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Everything seems to work properly, I might try to flush out the heater core, will let you all know what happens after.

·
Registered
123 Posts
First confirm that there might be a blockage by feeling the temperature difference between the hoses.
I do not want you to accidentally breaking something taking the hoses off if there's no blockage. Try and confirm a blockage first.

Does anyone have a link to a repair manual that goes in to the HVAC system for the car?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I bet it’s probably going to be something simple, what’s funny is, I’m a German car guy, so I’m clueless about Japanese motors lol

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have found and fixed the issue, If anyone wanted to know what it was, the hvac control in the car is run by a hard wired when you turn the knob to hot or cold, the hot wire was slipping while trying to open the blend door, therefore no heat was coming through, while the cold knobs wire was still ok which explained why the ac was working well and there was no heat, also the air filter was smashed, whoever did the installation, did it wrong. It made the vent door stuck as well. Thanks for everyone’s input !

1 - 20 of 25 Posts