Nissan Versa Forums banner

2012 Versa SV - No Heat blowing cold, a/c working fine.

22K views 28 replies 10 participants last post by  darrell 
#1 ·
Ac works good, blows cold, heater blows cold when I turn everything over to heat mode. Even after the car is fully warmed up.

#5 ·
That’s what I was thinking too, the car does not overheat, the temp. gauge stays consistently in the middle. I’ve had the car for about a year now and never really needed to use the heat cause I live in Vegas. Didn’t know there were two different temp thermostat? I really doubt the Heater core is bad for a 2012? No weird coolant smell anywhere either.

#8 ·
I assume the cabin fan is running when you turn on the heat.

Here are my thoughts.
1)Thermostat stuck open.

2)Blockage in the heater core
See if you can locate where the 2 heater hoses enter the firewall. Once the car is up to temperature, carefully feel both hoses and see if they are hot, or if t here is a noticeable difference between on or the other.

Reactions: Mlam90
#12 ·
I have no experience on how to access the blend door,

As for the heater core, check the hose temperature in and out of the firewall. I've never done it on a versa so I don't know %100 where they are located.
If there is a blockage, you can try flushing the hear core with a garden hose in both directions to see if you can break free whatever is clogging it.

Please keep us updated on you progress.
and Good Luck!

#13 ·
Will keep everyone updated, weird issue. Googled everywhere about no heat for the Versa and barely anything pops up, everything leads to thermostat, clogged heater core, or if there was a blend door, it’s probably stuck. Don’t think my actual hvac controls are broken.

#14 ·
If it has a blend door the heater core is likely not clogged, they are open 100% at all times and done to not clog up, which happens when the flow gets cut off with a heater control valve. On a full flow heater core the heat is controlled by a blend door that closes completely to cut off all heat. That door likely not working.

#17 ·
First confirm that there might be a blockage by feeling the temperature difference between the hoses.
I do not want you to accidentally breaking something taking the hoses off if there's no blockage. Try and confirm a blockage first.

Does anyone have a link to a repair manual that goes in to the HVAC system for the car?

#20 ·
I have found and fixed the issue, If anyone wanted to know what it was, the hvac control in the car is run by a hard wired when you turn the knob to hot or cold, the hot wire was slipping while trying to open the blend door, therefore no heat was coming through, while the cold knobs wire was still ok which explained why the ac was working well and there was no heat, also the air filter was smashed, whoever did the installation, did it wrong. It made the vent door stuck as well. Thanks for everyone’s input !