Nissan Versa Forums banner

2013 Nissan Sentra preview

7K views 21 replies 12 participants last post by  randy 
#1 ·
See less See more
1 5
#3 · (Edited)
A 1.8? What happened to 2.0? How much more HP does it make? What kind of MPG are we talking? I like the rear. It looks like a maxima. I likey! Im glad to see they went with push button start, but no cluster needle sweep? Thats not cool!

#5 ·
A 1.8? What happened to 2.0? How much more HP does it make? What kind of MPG are we talking? I like the rear. It looks like a maxima. I likey!
I'm not sure how much, maybe 130-140hp is my estimation. What I'd like Nissan to do is get rid of the analog fuel gauge for a digital one, the B16 is a digital bar so this would be a step backwards. Otherwise, they're downgrading to 1.8, unless its for increased fuel consumption that wouldn't make sense.

#9 ·
It looks nice but I like the current Sentra more.

#10 · (Edited)
Yeah same here. I like it....... But I think my 2011 Sentra SR looks sportier, and more aggresive. This just looks classy, and corolla like. Its like Nissan has went soft and fluffy, then hard and mean. Ive always known Nissan to be all about performace. But it seems latly they are trying to keep up with Toyota, then be different, just my 2 cents. As an example, Nissan always used a bigger engine, for cars in the same class. Most sentra classes are 1.8, well Nissan was 2.0. Most Versa classes were 1.6, Nissan was 1.8. Most sedan classes were 2.4, Nissan was 2.5. Now a days, everyone sportn the 2.0, 1.8, 2.5. Seems latly Nissan is stepping down to make better MPG, and instead I think they just need to keep the engines, but tweak them better for MPG. Or just do Like the kia rio, 1.6, 138hp and still gets between 30-40. Why does the Versa have 1.6 109hp and get 30-38 MPG? Yes I know the Versa is bigger, and maybe thats why its 2mpg less, but if it had 138hp to move that body better, maybe it would be better MPG? Once again my two cents. Basically, I dunno if im happy with where Nissan is going. I like my fun to drive, sporty like cars, and im just affraid Nissan is tossing in the towl for those types of cars......

#11 ·
Yeah same here. I like it....... But I think my 2011 Sentra SR looks sportier, and more aggresive. This just looks classy, and corolla like. Its like Nissan has went soft and fluffy, then hard and mean. Ive always known Nissan to be all about performace. But it seems latly they are trying to keep up with Toyota, then be different, just my 2 cents. As an example, Nissan always used a bigger engine, for cars in the same class. Most sentra classes are 1.8, well Nissan was 2.0. Most Versa classes were 1.6, Nissan was 1.8. Most sedan classes were 2.4, Nissan was 2.5. Now a days, everyone sportn the 2.0, 1.8, 2.5. Seems latly Nissan is stepping down to make better MPG, and instead I think they just need to keep the engines, but tweak them better for MPG. Or just do Like the kia rio, 1.6, 138hp and still gets between 30-40. Why does the Versa have 1.6 109hp and get 30-38 MPG? Yes I know the Versa is bigger, and maybe thats why its 2mpg less, but if it had 138hp to move that body better, maybe it would be better MPG? Once again my two sense. Basically, I dunno if im happy with where Nissan is going. I like my fun to drive, sporty like cars, and im just affraid Nissan is tossing in the towl for those types of cars......
I've noticed that too, but as for the Versa I've always chalked it up to how it's the heaviest of it's class (maybe Nissan should look into that somehow without sacrificing too much quality)

It also seems like Nissan is toning down everything else for MPG or otherwise and attempting to make people go for the Altima 3.5's and 370z's, which I'm not a fan of as that makes a huge gap in performance for their vehicles.

#13 ·
I mean, if we are gonna reduce engine size, then lets start using DIG technology. So that way we still get great mpg, and hp when we need it/want it!

#14 ·
I do wish we had more engine options in cars.. It seems these days a lot of cars only have 1. I dont understand why the versa even had 2 engine choices.. they are so similar in horsepower and displacement that it made no sense..

I wish the MR20 would've been an option instead of the MR18. Then at least there would be a difference between the 2. 13 hp and a couple mpg's difference between the2 engine choices we got is a joke IMO. Plus the MR20 gets almost the same mpg's as the MR18.

Why you no do this Nissan?!

Im happy with my 1.8, but I will always yearn for an engine swap to the 2.0

#16 ·
it hasn't been confirmed what engine will be in the new sentra yet...its only been rumored that it will return to a 1.8 but not confirmed...this body style has already been put in production and already been ready to sell over seas. nissan did confirm that it will be a smaller version of the new altima..they however have yet to mention if a SER or Spec v will be made..one thing is for sure that a Nismo version will be made...it could very well take over the SER Spec-v name...i also read that Nismo parts will indeed be made for almost all of the new nissan line up.

#19 · (Edited)
Cool, thats awesome to know about the Nismo parts! I wonder which 1.8 motor will be used if they go back to it, or will they make a new one?

#20 ·
It looks very much like a big brother to my 2012 Versa sedan. Same grill. Similar lights. Similar sweeping lines. Personally I like the shape of things to come. However what works for someone may not work for someone else.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.