Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My passenger side kept flooding from all the rain the past week. A friend said the issue is likely that the Cowl isn't draining and is flooding into the cabin air filter down into the passenger side. After one night of excessive rain, the water was so bad there was inches of standing water all the way into the back of the car. I vacuumed out the water as best I could. Shortly after while driving, ABS/traction control lights on dashboard came on, then driver side door light on dash came on, it kept going off/on and spazzing out. This morning my car won't start. No power at all, no sounds when trying to turn. Couldn't even get my doors unlocked with my remote unlock. A friend said its likely some wiring was being shorted overnight and caused the power to drain. He is coming over to help work on the cowl issue(thinks a clog is causing the flood) but likely won't be able to fix the electrical problem.

Any ideas or advice? Obviously will have to take it to a mechanic.

·
Registered
63 Posts
No comprehensive insurance? That would cover the repair less your deductible, if not total it out completely.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Not sure if it would be a mechanical failure that caused the flooding any more than if he left the windows down by mistake. I've read where insurance paid for an engine when someone drove through a big puddle of water that got sucked up the intake.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Out of curiosity I looked up my insurance. Here is a not inclusive list of exclusions for comprehensive coverage in my policy: resulting from wear and tear, freezing, mechanical or electrical breakdown or failure.

There are some other exclusions (like sound equipment etc.), but they are not relevant to the OP case. Again, this is for my insurance company, other companies may have slightly different policies.

I guess flooding could be covered if it caused by raising waters, not mechanical or electrical breakdown or failure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts