Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2013 Nissan Versa and basically when I try to accelerate with the turn signal on(right or left) the engine starts skipping. The rpms move up on down no matter how much the throttle is open. I assume it has something to do with the fuel injectors contacting the turn signal circuit but I don't know how to figure out where the problem point is. If someone has had this problem on their versa and knows how to fix it please let me know.

·
Registered
511 Posts
1. You mean if turn signals are off during acceleration while turning, nothing out of ordinary happens?
2. Did you try making a turn with acceleration having the flashing lights on, without engaging turn signals?
3. What king of tranny do you have?

·
Registered
571 Posts
Sounds like an electrical problem. I would do these first.

Check to make sure battery connections are tight, along with power/grounds in engine bay.
Check battery condition. Recommend replacement if original to car, or over 5 years old.
Check alternator.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
1. You mean if turn signals are off during acceleration while turning, nothing out of ordinary happens?
2. Did you try making a turn with acceleration having the flashing lights on, without engaging turn signals?
Yeah, nothing out of the ordinary happens when the turn signal is off and I'm accelerating or turning. I have to turn the turn signal off everytime I accelerate through a turn. The car has an automatic transmission. I don't know what the name of the transmission is though.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Yeah, nothing out of the ordinary happens when the turn signal is off and I'm accelerating or turning. I have to turn the turn signal off everytime I accelerate through a turn.
Again, did you try making a turn with acceleration while having the flashing lights on, without engaging turn signals?
This will tell you, if this problem related to the movements of the turn signal lever on the steering wheel, or it is unrelated to it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Again, did you try making a turn with acceleration while having the flashing lights on, without engaging turn signals?
This will tell you, if this problem related to the movements of the turn signal lever on the steering wheel, or it is unrelated to it.
Do you mean the hazard lights? If so I have not tried that but I will

·
Registered
231 Posts
That's a good suggestion to start by trying the hazards. To eliminate other variables, do you actually have to be turning to reproduce this or just turning the turn signal on while driving straight will make it happen?

The hazard switch is run to the BCM, which provides power to the turn signal bulbs when the button is pressed.

The turn signals work the same way, only the stalk switch is what is run to the BCM.

If the problem occurs while driving straight and only with the turn signal switch, it shouldn't be hard to find the issue from there. The other situations could be a bit tougher.

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello
My nissan 2013 had some thing similar issue and found out it was my gas cap o-ring worn causing the evap system to act wierd. Put a new gas cap got from amazon and not had a problem since. Hope this helps.
ken

1 - 9 of 9 Posts