Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had some new 6x9 speakers that I wanted to add to my new Versa. When I removed the radio, there were no connections for rear speakers. I noticed that on the printed circuit board near the connector it was marked RL and RR. I used an OHM meter to find the pins on the connector. I went to Tiger Direct computer supply and picked up a package of 4-pin/PC connectors. I included pictures. I removed the connectors with a pin tack and the PC connector went right into the radio connector in my Versa. Then I just soldered the speaker wires to the wires that are now connected to the radio connector, and I now have 4 speakers in my Versa.

How-ever, the AM\FM CD player does not have much of a output, but it definitely sounds better. When I upgrade my radio, this will help make the upgrade easier. I am including some pics. Any questions, send me a message and I will try and help.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Good stuff, welcome!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
JoshG. Well I am not too proud of the speaker "installation." After taking the dash apart and driving around town to find the connectors, I ended up just wedging them between the headrest and body. I was unable to find speaker boxes that were small enough to fit on the back, and that back deck has some solid steel underneath. I will try and build some kind of support or box myself.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.