Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone -

I'm trying to install a Pioneer FH-X700BT in my Nissan Versa Sedan (two speaker, etc, etc).

I bought a Metra 40-NI12 Nissan 07-Up Antenna Adapter and a Metra 70-7552 Radio Wiring Harness for Nissan 07-Up, as shown below.

Amazon.com: Metra 40-NI12 Nissan 07-Up Antenna Adapter: Car Electronics
Amazon.com : Metra 70-7552 Radio Wiring Harness for Nissan 07-Up : Vehicle Wiring Harnesses : Electronics

All the pieces seem to fit, more or less (a few wires on the harness don't have corresponding matches, like the orange (dimmer) wire. However, I'm not getting any power, and I'm completely confused about how to proceed next.

Has anyone had any experience with this?

Thank you!

·
Registered
143 Posts
I purchased a radio to replace my factory radio in a 2010 Versa HB recently. Crutchfield.com sent the parts and had videos on how to install it. However, I ended up taking my car to a local audio shop and he installed it for me. Sold the factory radio on Ebay. Anyway, he twisted the wires and changed the plug to fit the radio as I watched. It was not obvious to me and glad he knew what he was doing.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I've hooked up a Pioneer in my 2012 sedan and all my wiring colors matched up. I got my harness from crutchfield though so you may have gotten one from another company from Amazon. I would Google the company who makes the harness and see if you can find out which wire does what. No power could be many things, either you haven't grounded out the head unit to a bare piece of metal properly, your fuse isn't pushed in all the way, or it could be a bad head unit.

·
Registered
16 Posts
If you hooked up your black ground wire to the wiring harness adapter you wont get power. At least that's what happened with me. I just grounded it elsewhere and it worked.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.