Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed a new serpentine belt as well as pullet bolt adjuster bolt on my wife's car. Now everytime the car starts it squeeks. When its cold it will even continue to squeel while driving for a mile or two. Did I miss something? Could I have over tightened the belt too much? I know their is nothing to lube (unless I should have put some greese on the pulley bolt before I re installed the pulley).

Anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
688 Posts
I just installed a new serpentine belt as well as pullet bolt adjuster bolt on my wife's car. Now everytime the car starts it squeeks. When its cold it will even continue to squeel while driving for a mile or two. Did I miss something? Could I have over tightened the belt too much? I know their is nothing to lube (unless I should have put some greese on the pulley bolt before I re installed the pulley).

Anyone have any ideas?
My 2012 Versa sedan will exhibit the same squeaking, but usually only in rainy weather and for just about 1/2 a city block or so. My theory is that when I first start the car, there is a heavy draw on the battery, and the alternator is under a higher load to recharge it, causing a slight slippage making a chirping sound. As I said, in about 1/2 half a city block, the chirping is gone, and everything is as quiet as a mouse.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Belt is too loose. The squeak can be from it OR a belt run pulley bearing about to go bad, they often make very similar noise. Why you spin check all pulleys while a belt is off.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts