Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Gang,

doing a lot of research on putting a aftermarket Stereo in the car, but I'm overwhelmed on how many different instal kits there are. Which is the right one for the 14' and which company to stay away from?

thanks

Marc

·
Registered
122 Posts
When I get around to doing a head unit upgrade, I intend to order from Crutchfield. They will include everything you need to complete the installation at no extra charge. They also have great technical support.

·
Registered
527 Posts
As dude baker says, Crutchfield is usually my first stop when shopping for aftermarket stereo. I also bought a few times from them over the years. It gives you most of the viable options including install kits needed.

A dual din set up is probably your best option although anything smaller should fit. Good that you have a 2014 since there was a change for 2015 that apparently made the radio cavity wider by 1/2 inch so a standard dual din radio leaves a small gap on each side.

You may want to do a search on the forums as I know there have been a few discussions regarding this topic.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Gang,
I have read the few threads here on the forum about stereo installs, and then did some looking around. that is when I got confused on what kit to order, so much BS and over kill hype. I must be getting old.

Marc

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey Charlie Brown,

I have a 2014 Versa SV and I'm currently in the process of installing an aftermarket stereo.
I don't know much about stereo's and such, but here is a list of parts that I bought. Maybe it will help you in some way. Total cost was around $150 bucks. I just needed a radio that had bluetooth so I could make hands free calls.

The Main Head Unit:
Pioneer FHX-700BT ($109 from Amazon Prime)

Wiring Harness:
Metra 70-7552 Wire Harness for Niss/Infi/Suba/Suzu 06-up ($14.99 from Crutchfield)

Installation Kit:
Metra 95-7621 Dash Kit Nissan Versa/Versa Note Kit 14-Up, DD ($14.99 from Crutchfield)

Antenna Adapter:
Metra 40-NI12 Antenna Adapter ($7.99 from Crutchfield)

I will post a tutorial sometime next week. I plan on doing the installation this weekend.

Aloha!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I installed the same radio for my versa 11 hatchback with no installation kit and it looks nice (Go to my posts for the pic). Its an easy set up - Finding a ground took a while, I ended up screwing in on the metal behind the plastic where the brackets screw into. Hopefully the 2014 model has more accessible grounds. Also, the radio totally changed the sound in my car, its unbelievable!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I installed the same radio for my versa 11 hatchback with no installation kit and it looks nice (Go to my posts for the pic). Its an easy set up - Finding a ground took a while, I ended up screwing in on the metal behind the plastic where the brackets screw into. Hopefully the 2014 model has more accessible grounds. Also, the radio totally changed the sound in my car, its unbelievable!
I just installed the radio this morning. I did not have to use the installation kit, so for anyone putting a double din radio in a 2014 Versa Sedan SV, don't buy the kit. It won't fit.

I grounded the wire to the metal bar in the back. I used an eyelet crimp connector (looks like a small washer with a crimp area to connect the wire) I just drilled a hole and screwed it in the metal chassis of the car.

100% agree with you that the sound changed. It's much more clearer, I'm so happy with the outcome.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I will be attempting this soon myself taking the old system out of my 08 350z I have a few double dins laying around some subs amps ext I have a base 2014 versa so front speakers only I'm a huge car audio guy the z has 0 gauge and over 5000w of stereo the versa may get a bit more but my question is speaker adapters needed for the doors yes or no

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.