Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
Just read that yesterday. Not a good start.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is why I love to wait for the second model year car. Let them fix all the growing pains.

Although loose bolts is quality control problem. Not cool.

·
Registered
81 Posts
it wasn't about loose bolts...but rather failing bolts. I had this issue with my Note. The rear seat mechanism was all jacked up and wouldn't lock in place or release. Brought it in to Nissan and it was fixed promptly. Not a big deal. Back on the road again loving my Versa Note!

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
the loose bolts are the one that connect the body, the link said they may be loose or missing which could make a crash in the back worse.

·
Registered
993 Posts
That car was doomed to fail over here. Its not very attractive, smaller engine, and the styling comes straight from the Fit. Even the Fit has a 1.5, but its a VTEC motor. It makes up for it there.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Well that is bad news! Hopefully this recall isn't a 'major' problem...
This is my first post, I just bought a 14' Versa Note SL yesterday.
I test drove the Fit, Fiesta, Yaris, Mazda 2, Sonic, Rio and Accent and liked the Versa Note mainly because of all the room inside, it is fantastic! I am 6'5" and it is the only comfortable ride I could find in a sub-compact.
Yes, it is slow to accelerate compared with the Fit, but the Versa Note has smoother handling and I disagree, I think it looks better! But I am biased :)

·
Registered
637 Posts
it wasn't about loose bolts...but rather failing bolts. I had this issue with my Note. The rear seat mechanism was all jacked up and wouldn't lock in place or release. Brought it in to Nissan and it was fixed promptly. Not a big deal. Back on the road again loving my Versa Note!
no problems with mine so far, but only about 500 miles into ownership...oh btw scott i purchased my note from your dealership and i have to agree...really like this car...doesnt hold a candle to my previous 370Z that is now in the big junkyard in the sky, but for it's size and power it actually performs very well. the big thing i'm waiting for now is to see if there is any aftermarket that pops up for these cars :) .....first thing i am adding though in a few weeks is a spoiler as it kinda seems incomplete without it lol

·
Registered
1 Posts
Recalls are pretty common these days.

My other nice (relatively new) car is a Toyota Rav, which really is a nice car but has had more than a few recalls. If a car has a couple of recalls, it doesn't concern me at all - these things do have a lot of parts, after all. Also, speaking of the spoiler, I got one with my Note. I'm sure it doesn't really do anything, but I like the way it looks!

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
I like the OEM spoiler. I think it adds a nice touch.

·
Registered
637 Posts
I like the OEM spoiler. I think it adds a nice touch.
:iagree: in fact i just picked up my factory spoiler today after ordering it this last weekend and have already made an appointment at the dealer to have it installed :D already almost through break in on mine and am impressed with it more every time i drive it...now to just get some lightweight rims and stickier tires...oh and one more thing in case anyone is curious, best highway mpg i've gotten so far is 48mpg and best city so far is 31mpg...well in line with and way over the EPA estimates lol

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
you car beating my old 1.6 for sure on the highway. Love the gas sipping hr16de. Sure I wish it had a little more power in case I wanted to drive spirited. But I guess it's hard to have the best of both worlds.

·
Registered
637 Posts
you car beating my old 1.6 for sure on the highway. Love the gas sipping hr16de. Sure I wish it had a little more power in case I wanted to drive spirited. But I guess it's hard to have the best of both worlds.
nothing a little aftermarket support couldnt solve :D in stock form though i've still found it to be pretty peppy for the power it has

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
I would regularly beat my coworkers $23k prius with my $11k 1.6 versa. Always put a smile on my face. The new note and revised cvt seems to beat my best mpgs.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.