Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been reading up on this car from various internet articles. It looks like Nissan's version of the Honda Fit. I think it is really going to be a big hit. It has various cameras for parking and gets 40 mpg. I like the size of the car being a little smaller than my 2010 Versa Hatchback. Personally, I like to wait a year or so after a car is released by a manufacturer before purchasing it. Customer feedback will help improve the car in the coming years. I'm still not sold on hybrid or battery operated cars. Thus, I'll be looking to purchase a Note in 2015 or 2016. Depends on the pricing too.

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
The note has been out for awhile in other countries. I read up on cars not available in the US and there seems to be no big issues with the chassis of the note. The engine we will be getting is the hr16de found in the new sedan. This engine actually has been out since 09 in the US but is slightly revised since 2012. The engine is in alot of nissan cars in other countries and seems very reliable. Some cars to have it are the micra 160sr, quashqi, juke and more I'm sure.

My point is it seems like this is going to be a nice reliable vehicle and I'm looking forward to it's release. My disappointment is we are not getting the awesome UK version with the better gauges, better seats, sportier outside appearance, digital climate control and other goodies. If we got it like the UK one I would highly consider picking one up.

·
Premium Member
790 Posts
That UK version looks so much like the Honda Fit it's crazy...but it looks awesome! Hopefully after a few years they'll bring a sport package similar to that on the Note.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My personal experience is Honda cars are priced higher than Nissan. Thus, if the Honda Fit and Nissan Versa Note are comparable, I bet the Nissan Versa Note would be much cheaper in price and similar in quality. That is why I own a Nissan today. The cars are reliable and the price is right.

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
The Versa and the fit have always been in the same category of subcompacts. You are correct in saying the nissan's carry much less msrp. They also have cheaper insurance. But on the downside reliability and resale value have been below honda.

The Versa has been the best selling subcompact since it debuted in 2007. It outsells everything out there. The fit sales don't even come close.

Vehicle December 2012 All of 2012

Nissan Versa 10,618_________113,327
Chevrolet Sonic 5990___________81,247
Hyundai Accent 2933___________61,004
Ford Fiesta 5612___________56,775
Honda Fit 3680___________49,346
Fiat 500 3707___________43,772
Kia Rio 2343 __________40,275
Toyota Yaris 1999 __________30,590
Mazda2 2967 __________19,315
Chevrolet Spark 2229___________12,385
Smart Fortwo 996____________10,009
Scion iQ 576____________8,879

Read more: Nissan Versa Obliterates Subcompact Sales Competition in 2012, Sonic and Accent on Podium - WOT on Motor Trend
Follow us: @MotorTrend on Twitter | MotortrendMag on Facebook

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.