Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

New to the forum and I hope you guys can help. The radiator fan in my versa is not working. It does not turn on when at operating temperature or when the a/c is on. The a/c is not blowing any cold air, but the freon is at proper levels. Coolant is full, and the car hasnt overheated. This all started after replacing the spark plugs. I was driving the car after replacing them and noticed the a/c wasnt working well. Brought it back to the house and tested the freon. It was a normal pressure. This was about 3 days ago. Now the fan is not coming on at all, and the a/c is blowing hot air. The a/c clutch is engaging when the a/c is on, and I can hear an audible click. I replaced the thermostat, I have checked all the fuses, and the relays appear to be fine, but electrical is not a subject im comfortable with, so Im not 100% certain that the relays are good. By visual check they show no indication of being different than a new relay. I am at a loss at this point because it seems like it could be many things, but I dont really want to just start replacing things in hopes the problem will eventually fix itself. Any help is much appreciated!

·
Registered
696 Posts
Hi,

New to the forum and I hope you guys can help. The radiator fan in my versa is not working. It does not turn on when at operating temperature or when the a/c is on. The a/c is not blowing any cold air, but the freon is at proper levels. Coolant is full, and the car hasnt overheated. This all started after replacing the spark plugs. I was driving the car after replacing them and noticed the a/c wasnt working well. Brought it back to the house and tested the freon. It was a normal pressure. This was about 3 days ago. Now the fan is not coming on at all, and the a/c is blowing hot air. The a/c clutch is engaging when the a/c is on, and I can hear an audible click. I replaced the thermostat, I have checked all the fuses, and the relays appear to be fine, but electrical is not a subject im comfortable with, so Im not 100% certain that the relays are good. By visual check they show no indication of being different than a new relay. I am at a loss at this point because it seems like it could be many things, but I dont really want to just start replacing things in hopes the problem will eventually fix itself. Any help is much appreciated!
What I would suggest is going over the work you did regarding the spark plugs. I know that you have to just about remove half the engine in order to get to the plugs, and you may have accidentally unplugged one of the connections in the process or broken one of the wires in the process of doing the job. Good luck!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have completely gone backwards and forwards with what I did to change the spark plugs. I don’t think they are directly related. I can’t find a correlation. The fan not running at all is what is confusing me.

·
Registered
696 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All the fuses in the vehicle have been pulled and visually checked. I haven’t done a check of the relays, but I will do so today. Thank you for the suggestions.

·
Registered
299 Posts
As another user (amc49) recommended in another thread, see if you can spin the fan by hand, and apply 12v directly to it. This will check the fan itself.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts