Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
524 Posts
I doubt the Carquest fluid will hurt anything. They were probably just buying what was readily available and in the process made the repair cheaper for you. Carquest fluid was probably less than $10qt., Nissan NS-3 is about $20.qt. If you are or later experience problems with the CVT I'd think it's more likely there was damage caused by there being no fluid in it rather than the use of the Carquest fluid.

· Registered
524 Posts
Check reviews online on aftermarket CVT fluid you find most people say it works as well or better than the original. Castrol, Valvoline and many other manufacturers make CVT fluid that is compatible with NS-3. Valvoline can be bought for around $6-7 a qt. as opposed to $20. for Nissan NS-3. I don't know what manufacturer makes the fluid for Nissan but without a doubt it's made by some oil company and Nissan just puts their name on it. Same with Carquest, it's made by an oil manufacturer and labeled as Carquest. When I was a child my dad nearly always bought and ran Montgomery Ward tires. One of the employees at the Montgomery Ward auto center told dad their tires were made by Kelly-Springfield. I've used all brands of oil in my cars over the past 43 years from major brands to store branded and every car that hasn't been traded off early or wrecked has ran a minimum of 125K and as high as 518K.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.