Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new Versa Note and the Bluetooth does not work well. I can receive no roblem but when I talk I have to practically scream and everyone says it's like I'm tsalking under water!! I took it to the dealer twice and they said it was fine! Well obviously it's not!!
Has anyone else had this problem?? I will be bringing it back again I guess but probably to another dealer as they have not got a clue!

·
Registered
637 Posts
same here rinzi, not one issue with the bluetooth on mine...could it be OP that there is something blocking the microphone, you may want to check it as when i got my Note the dealer forgot to take the plastic wrapping off of the microphone and before i took it off everyone i called said the same thing about sounding like im underwater...took it off and now everything's crystal clear with anyone i call. also if it looks like there is no plastic wrapping on the mic, just check to make sure there is no plastic wrap remnants stuck in the 2 holes for the mic.

·
Registered
236 Posts
same here rinzi, not one issue with the bluetooth on mine...could it be OP that there is something blocking the microphone, you may want to check it as when i got my Note the dealer forgot to take the plastic wrapping off of the microphone and before i took it off everyone i called said the same thing about sounding like im underwater...took it off and now everything's crystal clear with anyone i call. also if it looks like there is no plastic wrapping on the mic, just check to make sure there is no plastic wrap remnants stuck in the 2 holes for the mic.
The blue tooth is working fine and for a while I was thinking the microphone was in the radio, but later noticed that it is located in a plastic fixture in the roof with three holes. Seems to work fine expect when I turned the phone off blue tooth it was difficult to pair it later on. Might have been my phone though. I checked the microphone today and they had removed the plastic protector.

Let us know if your problem has been resolved.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi

Sorry for not getting back sooner
I went to see a dealer and they checked to see if there was a bulletin for this and no there is none.
When I get my initial oil change, i will pair it to another Note and see if this is normal. I see the three holes and they appear free of any debris and I see no plastic. Not sure what to do. The dealer was helpful but kind of in a rush and un-interested. I did not buy the car there as I recently moved about 70 km's from my dealer. I may go back there instead though. They are much more professional in my opinion.
So to sum it up, no solution yet!

·
Registered
236 Posts
Might want to try to delete your phone settings in the Versa blue tooth. I had a problem were the blue tooth did not pair after turning the blue tooth off on the phone. So I deleted the "my car" on the Versa and re-installed the cell phone again and it connected vine.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
UPDATE!!

Well.......after numerous complaints about the bluetooth, I realized that they all work poorly! It is NOT my phone as I have a second car Elantra GT and it works incredible! Why would a company put a system like this and call it "normal"?? Give me a break at 21000$!!! I plan on driving them crazy with this issue for as long as I own it because I need to work a lot on my phone and I'm tired of sounding like i'm in a test tube and screaming to be heard!! Piece of garbage! Fix it for God's sake Nissan!!
I have to say that so far, Nissan service is questionable no matter where I went! Also the car rattles and cracks all the time for 3000km's. Not sure if I did the right thing buying this! Quality is no more than a 7 at this point. I will give it some more time however.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Well.......after numerous complaints about the bluetooth, I realized that they all work poorly! It is NOT my phone as I have a second car Elantra GT and it works incredible! Why would a company put a system like this and call it "normal"?? Give me a break at 21000$!!! I plan on driving them crazy with this issue for as long as I own it because I need to work a lot on my phone and I'm tired of sounding like i'm in a test tube and screaming to be heard!! Piece of garbage! Fix it for God's sake Nissan!!
I have to say that so far, Nissan service is questionable no matter where I went! Also the car rattles and cracks all the time for 3000km's. Not sure if I did the right thing buying this! Quality is no more than a 7 at this point. I will give it some more time however.
no issue with call quality here so dont know what to tell you, maybe they use a different unit for the canadian models? as for price if you paid $21k for yours you paid to much, mines an SL model and i only paid $18k out the door, and while yes i do hear rattles every now and then i have yet to run into an economy level car that doesnt have them. i guess people have different expectations though, i just happen to be at the more realistic end of the spectrum when it comes to economy cars and past experiences with this class of car. Not trying to be rude or anything, i just find it funny when people buy an economy car and expect it to be as high end in quality as a car of double the price, but i digress, after all i bought this car for a different purpose than you did. Not as a daily driver, but as a fun to toss around car that also serves as a project car for the aftermarket that is steadily gathering around this model of nissan. The only thing i can suggest as far as the rattles go is that in my case the rattles were coming from the inner door panels so i put a little extra cushioning in them and the rattles have yet to return. I truly hope things improve for you though with yours and if you have any questions im always glad to help out a fellow Note owner :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks.......it's not that I expect much from an economy car but here in Canada (especially Quebec) we are taxed to death! Mine was 21000$ with taxes of course. You guys are very lucky with your dollar even though ours is on par!
I compare this car to my Elantra GT with 49000 km's and only a couple of thousand more out the door as you say! NO rattles at all! Also the bluetooth works like a real phone. Like I said, I can hear people really well but they don't for me so maybe it's a very cheap microphone or something else but I have read another review saying the same thing! This needs to be addressed by the company instead of saying it's normal because it is not! Why would they put something in that people would have to scream at to be heard? That makes no sense! The worst this is that they tell me that it's not reparable!!

I appreciate your comments and don't get me wrong but there are many cars in this segment and I really do like many other things about the car but not really understanding their service practices. I will try other dealers and if I get the same answers maybe I will call the company to find out how their warrantee works! Just some questionable practices and quality issues at this point even if it is an economy car! Maybe I should of waited for the new Honda Fit!

·
Registered
637 Posts
Thanks.......it's not that I expect much from an economy car but here in Canada (especially Quebec) we are taxed to death! Mine was 21000$ with taxes of course. You guys are very lucky with your dollar even though ours is on par!
I compare this car to my Elantra GT with 49000 km's and only a couple of thousand more out the door as you say! NO rattles at all! Also the bluetooth works like a real phone. Like I said, I can hear people really well but they don't for me so maybe it's a very cheap microphone or something else but I have read another review saying the same thing! This needs to be addressed by the company instead of saying it's normal because it is not! Why would they put something in that people would have to scream at to be heard? That makes no sense! The worst this is that they tell me that it's not reparable!!

I appreciate your comments and don't get me wrong but there are many cars in this segment and I really do like many other things about the car but not really understanding their service practices. I will try other dealers and if I get the same answers maybe I will call the company to find out how their warrantee works! Just some questionable practices and quality issues at this point even if it is an economy car! Maybe I should of waited for the new Honda Fit!
yeah unfortunately i understand where you are coming from on the service part, alot of dealers are like that down here too, but there are dealerships that will take care of their customers and i just happened to get lucky with my dealership as they have been nothing but helpful with any questions or issues i have. As i said though im at a loss as to what's going on with the bluetooth in your Note as everyone i call through my bluetooth has had no issues hearing me so i cant say for sure what the problem is on your end. the best thing to do for your situation IMO is to get a hold of nissan corporate in your area and lodge a complaint in their system as maybe, just maybe that will get the ball rolling for the dealership to open it up and check it out.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
UPDATE!!!!

Finally found a dealer that will let me try another Note with my phone to see if it a common factor of this Blurtooth system. I hope not!! Was not easy to find one that would cooperate!! My first Nissan but I find the dealers not very pleasant so far. They are very different then what I'm used to thats for sure.....customer service is not on their priority list!
Anyways on Tuesday i will find out where this story will end up.........

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
After going to the dealer for an oil change and verification of my Bluetooth.....they never let my try another car after all. They simply tried it in the garage and said it was fine!!! I am not satisfied and have brought this up at the corporate level! I have owned many cars over the years but have never seen dealer practices so erratic and strange! They also performed the 2 recalls about bolts and now my seatbelt light won't turn off since they played with the seats in front!
I am not one to complain however but either I am very unlucky at this point or Nissan needs to revamp their service practices! How do they know that my Bluetooth is not faulty! I DO have to scream in it and EVERYONE says that I am distorted and sound as if I am under water or something!!! Don't give me this BS about it being normal!!!
If this keeps up, I am seriously thinking of taking more serious action! I have had the car for less than 2 months and NO one seems to want to take me seriously! Is this normal??

·
Registered
637 Posts
After going to the dealer for an oil change and verification of my Bluetooth.....they never let my try another car after all. They simply tried it in the garage and said it was fine!!! I am not satisfied and have brought this up at the corporate level! I have owned many cars over the years but have never seen dealer practices so erratic and strange! They also performed the 2 recalls about bolts and now my seatbelt light won't turn off since they played with the seats in front!
I am not one to complain however but either I am very unlucky at this point or Nissan needs to revamp their service practices! How do they know that my Bluetooth is not faulty! I DO have to scream in it and EVERYONE says that I am distorted and sound as if I am under water or something!!! Don't give me this BS about it being normal!!!
If this keeps up, I am seriously thinking of taking more serious action! I have had the car for less than 2 months and NO one seems to want to take me seriously! Is this normal??
i would keep on bugging nissan corporate about it as it sounds like you have a defective microphone, other than that this is not really a nissan specific issue as far as customer service is concerned. Hell i've owned a chevy cobalt and had an issue with the shift lock release mechanism breaking not even 6 months after i took ownership of the car, took it into chevy and low and behold it was a known issue that nearly all of the chevy cobalt and saturn ion's were having and they wanted $300 to fix it not including the cost of the part! i would say at this point you have some pretty crappy dealers in your area, but being where you are there really isnt that much of a choice as far as places to go and i really hope you get the problems resolved one way or another. Just hurts to see someone having issues with this car as it really is a good car provided that you dont have any issues with it like you are having.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Like I said before....it's not really the car itself asit runs great....it's more the way the dealer treats the issue. I have gone to three and it's always the same grumpy look and tone and they don't listen to what I say!
I do live in Montreal and there are many dealers but I am not going to go all over the city to find a solution to this little problem! Maybe it is a crappy system, I don't know but just let me try another car to see if I am wrong! If it is crap in that car too then so be it but they need to just pay attention. Like I previously said, I have a 2013 Hyundai Elantra GT and the system sounds great. I have an iPhone 5. My wife has the sedan model and the same result....perfect reception and transmission. I need this to function properly for work reasons and it's simply not and who knows why. I am just used to having great service from my Honda's and Hyundais to now this type of treatment that makes me question my choice of buying this car. It has been an issue since day 1 and no one gives a sh^%$$t!!! I cannot recommend Nssan to anyone at my company at this point and some looking for cars have actually avoided going to them because of this and bought elsewhere.
I will live with it for now but down the road if this continues.......the car will go and I will go back to my other brands where I can get answers instead of felling intimidated. I have been polite so far but maybe I should be more assertive.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Didnt want me to use a new car......Don't have one available...........We tested it and it was fine!!! All sorts of reasons! I hope I'm just un-lucky at this point! I just don't think I will be buying a second Nissan down the road! Now I have to go back and get my seat belt light to turn off!!! Not looking forward to that!

·
Registered
637 Posts
im just wondering how they "tested" it without having your phone to test it out....i thought of something though....what about having one of the technicians pair their cell phone with the system and try calling you and see what happens?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks for the suggestion. I actually did that with 2 other people and it was terrible. I could hardly make out what they were saying half the time! I did not suggest this to the dealer however and maybe I could try that but they are not willing participants anywhere so far out of the three so maybe I will try a forth! Gosh!! Don't believe I have to do this in a brand new car!!!
I have wondered why they would not give me the time of day to at least listen for themselves! That is really beyond me!! I have also talked to my dealer at Hyundai and he told me they may have a quick look at it for me since I have been a good customer!! Go figure! Not even their car!! I guess they anticipate a future purchase!

·
Registered
637 Posts
Thanks for the suggestion. I actually did that with 2 other people and it was terrible. I could hardly make out what they were saying half the time! I did not suggest this to the dealer however and maybe I could try that but they are not willing participants anywhere so far out of the three so maybe I will try a forth! Gosh!! Don't believe I have to do this in a brand new car!!!
I have wondered why they would not give me the time of day to at least listen for themselves! That is really beyond me!! I have also talked to my dealer at Hyundai and he told me they may have a quick look at it for me since I have been a good customer!! Go figure! Not even their car!! I guess they anticipate a future purchase!
Sorry to hear about your experience but I did go ahead and dig up a couple of nissan dealers in the Montreal area for you if you haven't been to them already.both of them had good reviews but the reviews were a little dated so not sure if they still apply but the two I found one of them was called nissan Gabriel and the other was nissan prestige-iberville if you want to check them out.again sorry to hear about your issues but I do hope you get things tooken care of.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.