Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's a short stubby dipstick with no markings. I know you are supposed to check when fluid is at operating temp, so I'm guessing the fluid should just touch the end of the stick?

· Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Meh, I got a micro cracked cvt oil warmer and I didn't catch it, it leak enough it started slipping. I guesstimated and added two quarts, I can run the car up to 50 mph and no slippage. Downshifts are fubbared, Just keeping this thing barely alive until I get another vehicle. I don't have the CONSOL tool to read the transmission pressures. :(

· Super Moderator
438 Posts
Once you remove your transmission pan drain plug, is there a riser pipe (w/ a female hex) threaded up in the drain hole? That's how you check level on the small nissan CVTs w/out the the level check plug. Have the engine idling in park, vehicle on a level surface and CVT fluid up to nissans's recommended temperatur. Pull the drain plug, fluid should just dribble out, meaning you are at a proper CVT fluid level.

If you pull the plug with the engine off, much more CVT juice will drain out. The only way to fully drain the pan is thread the riser pipe out of the hole with a hex/allen key.

If nissan has something going for them, it's the fact they still put the charge tube up top on the CVTs to this day. It makes CVT spill/fills so simple.

· Registered
47 Posts
Once you remove your transmission pan drain plug, is there a riser pipe (w/ a female hex) threaded up in the drain hole? That's how you check level on the small nissan CVTs w/out the the level check plug. Have the engine idling in park, vehicle on a level surface and CVT fluid up to nissans's recommended temperatur. Pull the drain plug, fluid should just dribble out, meaning you are at a proper CVT fluid level.

If you pull the plug with the engine off, much more CVT juice will drain out. The only way to fully drain the pan is thread the riser pipe out of the hole with a hex/allen key.

If nissan has something going for them, it's the fact they still put the charge tube up top on the CVTs to this day. It makes CVT spill/fills so simple.
🎯

· Registered
3 Posts

Oh like the VW 2.0 trans u fill from bottom. But the Nissan is running, what if I added separate trans coolers same thing or should I add more

· Registered
47 Posts
Meh, I got a micro cracked cvt oil warmer and I didn't catch it, it leak enough it started slipping. I guesstimated and added two quarts, I can run the car up to 50 mph and no slippage. Downshifts are fubbared, Just keeping this thing barely alive until I get another vehicle. I don't have the CONSOL tool to read the transmission pressures. :(
That sucks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts