Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a used 2014 versa note for my daughter. I love this little car. However, it has just the base model everything, including the stereo. I bought an aftermarket stereo with GPS, etc... I am working on installation now. Im a little concerned about the steering wheel controls. Ive never done an install with steering wheel controls. I need some pointers. I bought the adapter for it. Just not sure where to go from there.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So, im working on these steering wheel controls. When i look at my adapter there is only 1 pin that is associated with the steering wheel controls. According to the cars wiring diagram, there should be 3. Any ideas?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm in the middle of this install. I now have 3 wires I'm looking for. I cant seem to find them anywhere. They are... car speed signal. Reverse gear signal... and parking brake signal. Any ideas?

·
Registered
150 Posts
I’d like to help, but you need to find out the service manual for you car.
look for sections AV (audio and video) and PG (power ground).
You will find there all the schematics.

my advice is, if you need wiring, to go to a junkyard and pull wiring and pins from any nissan...so you can use them and insert them into your blank holes in your harness.
If you need to connect wires together use positap and posilock.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not a fan of tapping. I bought the connector a c after which had a couple of mistakes. Pin 9 was for the illumination and pin 18 was for speed control. The adapter I have had pin 18 as the illumination. I had to re-pin.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts