Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My traction control warning light is stuck on. I'm told that this is because I've installed an aftermarket stereo. Has anyone else seen this and if so , knows how to fix it?

·
Registered
637 Posts
My traction control warning light is stuck on. I'm told that this is because I've installed an aftermarket stereo. Has anyone else seen this and if so , knows how to fix it?
i dont really see how an aftermarket stereo can cause that, but i guess it is possible since both the traction control and the stereo are tied into the electronics. have you tried putting the stock HU back in and seeing if that helps?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I drive a 2014 and my slip indicator light stays on when I have a fuse out. The first time it was cuz I shorted a tail/brake light. To my embarrassment I spent an entire 6 or so hours trying to find the fuse box that holds em.
It's towards the steering wheel 'above' the battery. Tabs on the side, squeeze em and pull (no puns intended).

·
Registered
440 Posts
Did you install the radio?

Did you use the proper installation wiring kit or did you hardwire it into the factory wires? Did you make sure the wires not being used we correctly protected so they won't short out or cause other problems if they touch metal?

If the issue arose after installing the stereo, there is an issue with the wiring. Fix it soon or you could end up with a fire or your wiring harness melted.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Nissans have been using an integrated architecture for wiring. By that I am mostly referring to the irritating IPDM. Dam near everything runs through that controller. I could rant for paragraphs about how bad that thing is, but that's another story.

If there's a shared hot or K-line that passes through the stock stereo that the aftermarket unit does not have a provision for, it's hard to know what will or will not be affected.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.