Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
CVT on my 2014 Versa Note is going bad and I am out of Nissan warranty. I am looking into getting a used transmission from a junk yard. I looked in eBay and it appears the same transmission model(RE0F11A) is used on vehicles from 2013 to 2019.

Does anyone know which model/year transmission will work on my car?
Which model/year should I look for to avoid transmission issues in the future?
Is there a regular(non CVT) automatic transmission that would work on this vehicle?
Does anyone know the cost of a brand new transmission from Nissan without installation?

·
Registered
524 Posts
Most junk yards can cross reference what model year parts you can use on your car. I know there were some changes made to some year models but I don't know whether it would effect fitment or performance. If you can use a newer model I'd try to find as new of transmission as possible with as low of mileage as possible. It also wouldn't hurt to pull the drain plug and drain a little fluid to see how it looks, just measure the amount you drain so you know how much to add back if it looks good or you could go ahead and drain it all and replace the filters while you had it out. There are two filters one is a normal pan filter and the other is an external cartridge filter for the valve body. There are also some fine wire mesh filters in the valve body but you'd have to remove the valve body to get to and clean them. If the fluid is black it might be a sign it's never been changed and the transmission may not be a good choice. Also make sure it doesn't smell burned. If you live in an area of the country where there are Pull A Part yards and you can pull it yourself their parts are really cheap. You can go to www.pullapart.com and see if there are any in your area. You can also search their inventory of Versa online. That doesn't assure you they will have any transmissions thought.

·
Registered
2 Posts
CVT on my 2014 Versa Note is going bad and I am out of Nissan warranty. I am looking into getting a used transmission from a junk yard. I looked in eBay and it appears the same transmission model(RE0F11A) is used on vehicles from 2013 to 2019.

Is there a regular(non CVT) automatic transmission that would work on this vehicle?
Does anyone know the cost of a brand new transmission from Nissan without installation?

If you get one from the junk yard make sure you read the top of the bell housing to know what kind of transmission it is and compare or compare the transmission pan pattern.
Read the 4th letter of your vin. if it read ( C ) it's a 1.6L motor .. make sure you compare the transmission pattern

·
Registered
901 Posts

When the CVT in my 2012 was replaced under warranty, the price to replace it if you paid out of pocket was about $4500. Even if you were going to pay it out of pocket, there is no guarantee that Nissan would give you a BRAND NEW CVT. They have had so much trouble with their CVT transmissions that they have a stockpile of REBUILT CVTs on hand ready to send to the dealers. When I took mine into the dealer, they were ordered not to repair the unit in the car, but just swap it out for another transmission. They also have a court case that has forced Nissan to extend the CVT warranty coverage. You might want to see if you qualify for that. Good luck!!!

·
Registered
36 Posts

You said your 2014 CVT is out of warranty. The class action lawsuit covers CVT for 7 years from purchase date or 84,000 miles. Any chance you qualify? 🤞 Hope so!

QUOTE:
A Nissan CVT settlement has been reached in a class action lawsuit that alleges the continuously variable transmissions are defective in these Nissan models.
  • 2013-2017 Nissan Sentra
  • 2014-2017 Nissan Versa Note
  • 2012-2017 Nissan Versa
According to the CVT settlement, Nissan will extend the new vehicle limited warranty for the transmission assembly, including the valve body and torque converter, and automatic transmission control unit by 24 months or 24,000 miles, whichever occurs first. The warranty extension will be subject to the terms and conditions of the original warranty.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts