Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I recently bought a 2014 Nissan Versa back in December while doing the first service at 4900 miles I noticed that the transmission was leaking it was leaking in between the engine the bell housing where they meet so I assumed it was torque converter seal. Nissan is currently installing a new transmission because apparently the parts are unavailable to fix this problem has anybody else heard of or have this problem?

Attachments

·
Registered
339 Posts
erm didnt you get the 1 year free maintenance with purchase of the new car? If not complain to nissan corporate they should get you one. And complain to nissan about this say its unreliable and your worried about your investment you should get free stuff !

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
somebody else just had this problem and it turned out to be the axle seal. But damn these things should NOT be happening on these new cars. So sad.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I think its a quality control problem with the seals. Got the car back today, on the invoice it shows installation of a new transmission, and 2 new axle seals on the NEW transmission. But the main problem was my torque converter seal was leaking, kind of curious to see if it starts leaking in another 5k.

·
Registered
690 Posts
You'd be surprised how common axle seal leaks or tranny leaks in general are on new cars.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.