Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Read Only
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, newbie here.

Three months back blower motor stopped working. I gently smacked the steering wheel for no reason whatsoever and it started blowing; worked well in all four power settings. Last week it stopped working permanently. Strategic smacking on steering wheel, dash, doors, hood, bumpers, neighbors cars, etc., unsuccessful this time. AC compressor kicks on like new. What I've done so far:
  • Fuses look fine but checked continuity with multimeter anyway, All good.
  • Relay power & continuity all good
  • Replaced resistor for kicks since it's only $20 at the dealer. Also confirmed power is getting to the resistor.
  • Noticed the cabin filter is missing. Niece (her car, original owner) said it was supposed to be replaced when serviced a very long time ago.
  • Filterless, is it possible the blower motor has been affected by excessive dirt/debris causing over heating and ultimately failed?
  • Could it be something in the climate control module or the pressure switch?
I'm at a loss at this point. Any similar experiences? Suggestions on what to check next would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
712 Posts
  • Noticed the cabin filter is missing. Niece (her car, original owner) said it was supposed to be replaced when serviced a very long time ago.
  • Filterless, is it possible the blower motor has been affected by excessive dirt/debris causing over heating and ultimately failed?
My 2017 Versa came without the cabin filter from the factory. Just found it out recently. There is some kind of the plug in its place. I decided to keep it this way.

About the blower motor has been negatively affected by lack of a cabin filter: vehicles have been driven for all previous decades without any cabin filters, and not a blower motor complained about it. Just opposite. A cabin filter presents an additional resistance for a blower motor, and therefore an increased load.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts