1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!!

I have a 2014 Nissan Versa.
Recently I saw the MIL light steady on.
I followed a procedure that I found online to check for the trouble code and I got code 0000. (Which means that there is no malfunction). So far everything was good.
However, I turned off the switch and repeated the procedure, this time I got just 5 long blinks and them the light goes steady on. What does that mean?? can anyone help me? should I go to the dealership?:frown

I've done the procedure several times now and I always got the 5 long blinks and nothing else. The MIL light is still steady on.

Thank you!! :|

·
Registered
688 Posts
Hello everyone!!

I have a 2014 Nissan Versa.
Recently I saw the MIL light steady on.
I followed a procedure that I found online to check for the trouble code and I got code 0000. (Which means that there is no malfunction). So far everything was good.
However, I turned off the switch and repeated the procedure, this time I got just 5 long blinks and them the light goes steady on. What does that mean?? can anyone help me? should I go to the dealership?:frown

I've done the procedure several times now and I always got the 5 long blinks and nothing else. The MIL light is still steady on.

Thank you!! :|
Almost any of the large auto supply stores will read your error code for free...............the price is right, and it will give you better results that trying to count blinks. You might also want to check your gas cap to make sure it is secure. Sometimes if the cap is loose, it will throw a code.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Almost any of the large auto supply stores will read your error code for free...............the price is right, and it will give you better results that trying to count blinks. You might also want to check your gas cap to make sure it is secure. Sometimes if the cap is loose, it will throw a code.
Thank you!! I did that, and there were no malfunction. They just "rebooted" something and the light went off.:grin

1 - 6 of 6 Posts