Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On a 2014 Versa SV with 72,000 miles I had this issue since last fall, and a mystery. Once and awhile, maybe few times a months the car will have trouble accelerating after a complete stop only, and feels like it has trouble getting the gas. It seems to occur with half a tank or less of gas but not certain about that. It occured several times yesterday and then I filled the tank up and now no issue. But, thinking no way this can constantly be bad gas or water in gas issue, not since last fall. No check engine light on either. So I am taking it to my local mechanic this week to get on computer diagnostics. Any idea what would do this? Why the only on occasion issue? The mechanic said may be a sensor. I am also thinking it is may be a fuel line related issue? Any information appreciated.

·
Registered
319 Posts
you need to check codes with a scanner, that should tell you more, even if the CEL is not on :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello Sandy,
Check your gas cap or replace it. I had the same issue and it was my cap. amazon has one for about $6.00 ==> P/N
MotoRad MGC-817T Tethered Fuel Cap

Ken
Good Luck

·
Registered
231 Posts
It could be a million things, so you've gotta start with data. I can't think of any reason that a gas cap could cause this, so I'd hold off on doing that. Let's see what the shop finds before speculation takes over!

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts