Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you have a 2014 Versa Note without keyless entry and with a plain-looking key that has a black square head, there is no chip inside. Spare keys are cheap. I just had two made for less than $10.00. They both worked even with the original key nowhere near the car. Some people may not like this but I love it.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I have a 2014 Note SV with keyless entry. I was under the impression there was no "alarm" or ignition kill theft deterrent etc... I swear I read in the dealer brochure that something like that was only part of the better SL package. Is that not the case?

·
Registered
527 Posts
I have a 2014 Note SV with keyless entry. I was under the impression there was no "alarm" or ignition kill theft deterrent etc... I swear I read in the dealer brochure that something like that was only part of the better SL package. Is that not the case?
You may be right! "Intelligent Key w/Push Button Start" is only on the SL. No mention of any security device on the SV, just remote keyless entry.

Does this mean the SV key does not have a chip either?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.