Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 2014 Versa Note last week, and today, some weird things started happening.

If I unlatch my seat belt, the "door open" warning light comes on (as well as the "seat belt" warning light), and so do the interior lights. Latching the seat belt again shuts off the lights. This does not happen all the time. Just once in a while.

I used to be able to lock the door by pressing the button on the door handle with the Intelligent Key nearby, but now I can't.

Pressing the lock button on the Intelligent Key used to beep the horn a little, but now it doesn't. I did read the part of the manual that describes how to enable/disable that feature by holding down the lock and unlock buttons, but that's not it.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
637 Posts
i would definitely have the dealership look into it and if you can, get video of it when it happens to show them cause if it's an intermittent issue then it's going to be harder to prove to them and there's only so much they can do to try and replicate the problem and if they can't get the car to replicate the problem then it's back to square one. As far as the Note is concerned, this is the first time i've heard of this issue on one.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So these problems are all related. If I latch the seat belt when I get out of the car, the door locks (both the door handle button and the remote) work just fine. I guess the lock buttons don't work if it thinks the door is open.

I had the dealer install the auto dimming mirror when I got the car. I wonder if they messed up one of the wiring harnesses and crossed some wires.

·
Registered
637 Posts
So these problems are all related. If I latch the seat belt when I get out of the car, the door locks (both the door handle button and the remote) work just fine. I guess the lock buttons don't work if it thinks the door is open.

I had the dealer install the auto dimming mirror when I got the car. I wonder if they messed up one of the wiring harnesses and crossed some wires.
that is a definite probability as these cars are still new to a lot of the nissa dealers out there and a lot of their tech's still aren't fully trained on how to do installations or repairs on them, so i would definitely look at that installation of the auto dimming mirror as a likely cause of all the problems you're having now. did the car do this before you had the mirror installed, or did you get the mirror installed before you even took delivery?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The car was fine for several days after I had the mirror installed, then this stuff started.

So, I started tapping around while the problem was happening, and when I tapped on the curved plastic trim panel down near my left foot, the problem went away. I pulled off the panel and found a place where some wiring harnesses are connected together. I messed around with the wires and saw the problem appear and disappear, so I pressed on on the connectors to make sure they were seated properly. We'll see if that fixes it. If not, at least I know what to show the dealer.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The problem sounds like a short in the b post where the spool is located by where your bottom liez. on the door jamb the black rubber thingy is your 'door ajar' loght switch. Methinks the short is where the wires meet and go into the conduit. It would explain the reproducible attributes as I'm sure when the short happens its because the jump from one systems wiring to the other. If I'm right woohoo! I'm I'm wrong I'm sorry if I wasted your time

·
Registered
92 Posts
The problem sounds like a short in the b post where the spool is located by where your bottom liez. on the door jamb the black rubber thingy is your 'door ajar' loght switch. Methinks the short is where the wires meet and go into the conduit. It would explain the reproducible attributes as I'm sure when the short happens its because the jump from one systems wiring to the other. If I'm right woohoo! I'm I'm wrong I'm sorry if I wasted your time
I think your theory is plausible. The upgraded mirror's wiring is routed into the A-pillar and down to the dash.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I was messing with my a post paneling and saw the junction and just so happened to think to myself I think that's all the things on that list from this post...then car talk (radio show I'm in love with on NPR) came on and they spoke of a short and I was like ! Perhaps! If you feel adventurous and are really bored you could take off the panels and cut the little plastic conduit and look your self or pay someone else too. Sorry if you know this already but it can be a long or short job just,looking for what,could be a very small short but in this case I bet it's obvious there's a short or crossed wires. The manufacturer workers in Mexico that made them are good people and are well trained but everyone makes mistakes and also....he/she or el/ella could've been new lol. All kidding aside I love nissan but with cars sometimes these things happen. I'm glad our airbags haven't been recalled...yet....oh BTW idk If I mentioned Ive had versas since 07 when they came out. Drove that one 212k miles and then got a couple other cars then realized what I was missing when my mother got a black 2014 so I had to get the white one with the spoiler. almost looks pearl.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.