Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a new 2014 Versa S a couple months ago. I've been searching the web for aftermarket parts and have not found much. The ONLY part I can find is a short ram air intake. I can find just about anything for the 2013 Versa but virtually nothing for the 2014. I recently put a decent set of 18" alloy wheels on my car and now im itching to start building it up. Exhaust, headers, suspension upgrades, air intake etc. Does anyone know where I can get any of this? Or does it not exist for this car yet?

·
Registered
690 Posts
If they all use just the 1.6 now, unless they've dumbwittingly changed exhaust manifold bolt pattern for no reason, every 1.6 header should fit. OBX makes a fairly nice 1.6 header, the only issue after bolt pattern is the fit, with the body being slightly different. Although i doubt the tunnel dimensions have changed, the engine probably hasn't moved forward or backward.

Doesn't your car feel slow now with big ass 18's on it? 18's on an econo box isn't my thing, but whatever. Your car not mine.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I bought a new 2014 Versa S a couple months ago. I've been searching the web for aftermarket parts and have not found much. The ONLY part I can find is a short ram air intake. I can find just about anything for the 2013 Versa but virtually nothing for the 2014. I recently put a decent set of 18" alloy wheels on my car and now im itching to start building it up. Exhaust, headers, suspension upgrades, air intake etc. Does anyone know where I can get any of this? Or does it not exist for this car yet?
the 2012+ sedans are the same by my understandings and they should all fit. but i'm not sure about the obx headers. they don't say they're for the newer model 1.6l

also, so far, performance parts are not available just yet for our cars. but i know they're out there in other countries under different names

but you can right now, get coilovers on Megan Racing
or
Megan Racing Coilovers

same thing really. to each their own.

but other than that, nothing yet. :crying:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If they all use just the 1.6 now, unless they've dumbwittingly changed exhaust manifold bolt pattern for no reason, every 1.6 header should fit. OBX makes a fairly nice 1.6 header, the only issue after bolt pattern is the fit, with the body being slightly different. Although i doubt the tunnel dimensions have changed, the engine probably hasn't moved forward or backward.

Doesn't your car feel slow now with big ass 18's on it? 18's on an econo box isn't my thing, but whatever. Your car not mine.
Uh no.. The car actually handles extremely better with these wheels and they don't slow it down at all. The alloy rims are way lighter than the stock steel rims. And the extra width is great. The car stays planted and corners like a dream now. I'm running low profile tires, so even though the rims are three inches bigger than the stock 15's the smaller side walls keep the total wheel diameter the same. My car still sits at the same height and the speedometer is still calibrated. I also held one of the stock wheels up next to one of the new wheels and they are the same diameter.. I don't see any reason why they would slow the car down. And the best part is that my car doesn't look like a granny mobile anymore.. Lol. Thanks for the info on the headers

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the 2012+ sedans are the same by my understandings and they should all fit. but i'm not sure about the obx headers. they don't say they're for the newer model 1.6l

also, so far, performance parts are not available just yet for our cars. but i know they're out there in other countries under different names

but you can right now, get coilovers on Megan Racing
or
Megan Racing Coilovers

same thing really. to each their own.

but other than that, nothing yet. :crying:
Cool.. Thanks for the leads.. I see some goodies there at versaspeed.. Hopefully more to come soon!

·
Registered
527 Posts
....The alloy rims are way lighter than the stock steel rims. And the extra width is great. The car stays planted and corners like a dream now. I'm running low profile tires, so even though the rims are three inches bigger than the stock 15's the smaller side walls keep the total wheel diameter the same....
Like you I assumed the stock wheels were heavier until I started weighing things. Although I just went 1 size up to 16" alloys and 195/55-16 tires (stock size for the Note), I ended up adding 5 lbs per corner! The stock 15 in wheels were surprisingly light at 17 lbs, stock 185/65-15 tires are also 17 lbs, plus 1 lb for the wheel cover adding up to 35 lbs. My new Drag DR-34 wheels (16x7) weigh 20 lbs each (typical of this price range wheel) and my Kumho PA31 tires are also 20 lbs. I like the nice smooth quiet ride of my new Note so I did not want to compromise it too much with a much more aggressive wheel/tire package. I was just going for the looks and not performance so I'm perfectly happy with my set up.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Does anyone ride on Tein S Lowering Springs? My V only has about 55k miles. The springs were installed about a year ago. The ride quality is not good... The roads in LA/ San Bernardino have many holes/ imperfections. Maybe the springs aren't made to work on a 1.6? I wanted to go back to stock but I don't have my stock springs anymore. I read about Eibach Pro Kit and it says its made for 1.8... What should I do in this case? Also when I turn the steering wheel the spring make a Popping sound. I read that other V's have this issue and it can be corrected with tubes that go around the bottom and top of springs. Apparently the spring turn or move.. Please reply back or email me at [email protected]

·
Registered
226 Posts
Doesn't the OBX header require straight pipe to replace the cat section? could be wrong but i thought the OBX unit came with a custom straight pipe to replace the cat section. I believe DC has a header that mates to the stock cats, if you require them.

I do, but am looking to add a header to mine probably next year, to eliminate the ridiculous choke point at the collector, and net a couple more ponies, followed by a custom air intake and a lightweight flywheel when the clutch finally lets go.

The DC catback is a nice inexpensive stainless system, though mine IS rusting lightly, mainly at the hangers. It drones a lot and loudly between 3-4k RPM... unfortunately right at highway cruise speeds. If the noise is too much, The Silencer that Versaspeed sells does a really nice job of quieting it down, but you do lose a lot of the performance gain.

I also recently replaced my stock cat section (rust) with an Eastern High Flow "Direct Replacement" unit. Fitment wasn't as "direct" as they would lead you to believe, but with some muscle and swearing, will fit.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.