Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
I average 35-36 with a five speed in 50/50 highway & city street travel. It'll get better when the cooler Fall weather comes and I don't use the A/C.

I do try to hypermile by timing stoplights, driving 5 mph below the speed limit uphill, feathering the gas on long downhill stretches, coasting in high gear up to stop signs and otherwise driving conservatively.

It is more efficient to coast in 5th gear rather than in Neutral because of the deceleration fuel cut-off programming in the fuel injection computer which deactivates if the car is in Neutral and needs fuel to idle.

Someday later this year I'll take a trip and measure my highway mpg & report back.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have a 2014 Versa Note SL with almost 8000km. My MPG is actually getting better as I break-in the car. I get about 37-40 in the city, and probably 42-45 on the highway. In Canada they actually advertised the car as 46mpg city/59mpg highway, which I believe is almost impossible to achieve.

·
Registered
639 Posts
I have a 2014 Versa Note SL with almost 8000km. My MPG is actually getting better as I break-in the car. I get about 37-40 in the city, and probably 42-45 on the highway. In Canada they actually advertised the car as 46mpg city/59mpg highway, which I believe is almost impossible to achieve.

yeah those numbers seem more in line with the diesel version of the Note they sell in Europe, best i've been able to manage so far with the 1.6 is 48mpg

·
Registered
17 Posts
I know, hard to believe they would suggest 46/59, but true! See attached photo of the Canadian Energuide rating from the sale sticker on my 2014 Versa Note.

Attachments

·
Registered
44 Posts
Decided to try my hand at some more efficient driving, this is was the result! Not sure of the actual MPG cause I haven't filled up yet but I am LOVING it!

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts