1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
206 Posts
Interesting the European Note is more enjoyable to drive because of different suspension set up, otherwise the NA market sedan/hatch drive about the same.

It's probably better for the frugal buyer like myself in the future, as those suspension bits for our market will be cheaper to replace when the time comes.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Interesting the European Note is more enjoyable to drive because of different suspension set up, otherwise the NA market sedan/hatch drive about the same.

It's probably better for the frugal buyer like myself in the future, as those suspension bits for our market will be cheaper to replace when the time comes.

true, but also comes as no surprise that the note can be a fun car to drive with the right suspension setup which will hopefully be resolved by an aftermarket suspension manufacturer in the near future. Not to thread jack or anything, but my Note is an prototype for an aftermarket intake at the moment and so far pretty impressed with what they were able to do :) . With a little luck hopefully i can get some other manufacturers to sit up and take notice.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
^^these points are why i miss my VWs so much, better combination of driver's car/passenger comfort.
Also the maintenance price advantage i used to enjoy with my Sentra has disappeared with my Versa.
Two front strut assemblies labour and taxes incl...$900
Four spark plugs labour and taxes incl...$300
Versas are of course very spacious as noted in article, but Golf looking really good in many other areas too...

·
Registered
20 Posts
European-market cars are often much more firmly sprung than those sold in North America. Either our roads are much worse, our car buyers are much less tolerant of a firm ride, or both.

This said, I enjoyed driving the 2014 Versa Note much more than I did the 2012 sedan. They revised the suspension tuning on the sedan this year, so it might now also drive better.

2014 Nissan Versa Note Pros and Cons: Michael's Review

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
5 Participants
mkaresh
Nissan Versa Forums
We’re a forum community dedicated to Nissan Versa owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion on performance, troubleshooting, accessories, purchasing, maintenance and more!
Full Forum Listing