Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently swapped out my entire transaxle assembly due to a failed differential at 70k miles. Do everything at home by following the factory service manual... Everything went great until the last step of bleeding the clutch.

We tried for a couple of hours with no results other than a huge mess and a potentially HUGE mistake.

The line that plugs into the slave cylinder is to meant to be manipulated in order to bleed air from the line.... I have been unable to verify but I think we LOST AN O-RING while moving the tube around.... I am afraid it slipped off and got in front of the fluid stream and was pushed into the slave cylinder. My worst nightmare as that will require complete disassembly to get to the internal slave and remove the oring.

Can anyone tell me for certain if this line should have TWO o rings or just the 1 that is on it?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Can you run a pick down the port to see if you can (hopefully!) fish out that lost O-ring. I'm hoping for you man!

Crap like this is exactly why I have no faith in modern day automotive manual transmissions. For the most part their just as crappy as the automagics.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts