Nissan Versa Forums banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
HELLO, I have a Versa 2014 and I bought the fog light kit. How did you pass the switch wire through the firewall? And how did you take the bumber off?
eusomich, I'm not sure if this applies to your car but here is a tread of my experience installing an OEM Nissan fog light kit for my Note SV. In my car, everything was pre-wired so I did not have to run any wires through the firewall, it was all plug and play which was great! It was a bitch removing the bumper though.

http://www.nissanversaforums.com/exterior-forum/17841-anyone-install-factory-accessory-fog-light-kit-their-note.html

·
Registered
11 Posts
I purchased a fog lamp kit off of ebay from a seller called "MaxLiner." It's not OEM, and is more than likely a knockoff sourced from Alibaba or an aftermarket manufacturer. It was only $80 shipped for everything, including wiring, mounting hardware, relay, fuse, and bulbs. The quality is just OK, fit and finish are not perfect.

The kit is supposed to be plug and play for the Versa S, which does not have pre-existing wiring for fog lights. If you have an SV, all the wiring is there, and all you need are the fog lights and stalk switch.

Everything about this kit is plug and play, except the included switch - there's just nowhere it will fit in the dash. I was able to get everything wired up and tested to ensure it all works, but I won't be able to actually use the fog lights until I find a switch that fits the stock dash opening.

Anyway, here's what they look like turned off.

·
Registered
11 Posts
That looks nice! I just bought the same kit for my car. Same guy. I compared them with the real parts I have in inventory and they are ok but definetly not OE quality. At least on mine the fog light lenses I'm pretty sure are plastic and OE's are glass. The bezels look close but some quality issues IMO. Get what you pay for, $80 VS. $300.

·
Registered
122 Posts
That looks nice! I just bought the same kit for my car. Same guy. I compared them with the real parts I have in inventory and they are ok but definetly not OE quality. At least on mine the fog light lenses I'm pretty sure are plastic and OE's are glass. The bezels look close but some quality issues IMO. Get what you pay for, $80 VS. $300.
I replied to your PM. I agree, not OE quality, but better than those big blank pieces of plastic. :wink

·
Registered
55 Posts
Went to the dealership today looking for a price to get the foglights installed. First guy told me if I didn't buy the car with the lights installed from the dealer, then I was out of luck and my ONLY option was after market lights AND my car wasn't even wired for foglights. I told him I could get the part numbers but I had to run out to my car to get it. Of course I never see this jabrony once I get back. After waiting for 15 minutes I saw that dude wasn't coming back. I asked the next guy about it and he actually looks in the system and tells me there is no kit available for the 2015 SV but I could buy all the parts separately for $580. He did make sure to tell me that the kit could come soon and that it would probably be cheaper and to wait it out.

Just needed to vent, sorry.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Went to the dealership today looking for a price to get the foglights installed. First guy told me if I didn't buy the car with the lights installed from the dealer, then I was out of luck and my ONLY option was after market lights AND my car wasn't even wired for foglights. I told him I could get the part numbers but I had to run out to my car to get it. Of course I never see this jabrony once I get back. After waiting for 15 minutes I saw that dude wasn't coming back. I asked the next guy about it and he actually looks in the system and tells me there is no kit available for the 2015 SV but I could buy all the parts separately for $580. He did make sure to tell me that the kit could come soon and that it would probably be cheaper and to wait it out.

Just needed to vent, sorry.
If you get the same El Cheapo aftermarket kit I did, it's a pretty straight forward install. I am keeping an eye out for some OEM housings to show up on eBay though. The chrome on the El Cheapo housings is, well... Cheap. Its already starting to pit.

·
Registered
55 Posts
If you get the same El Cheapo aftermarket kit I did, it's a pretty straight forward install. I am keeping an eye out for some OEM housings to show up on eBay though. The chrome on the El Cheapo housings is, well... Cheap. Its already starting to pit.
I was trying to stay away from DIY kits, simply because I thought it would be a difficult job. After getting quoted almost $600, which my wife seemed to think was reasonable, I am about willing to give it a try.

Thanks, I'll go back through this post to look for the kit.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I was trying to stay away from DIY kits, simply because I thought it would be a difficult job. After getting quoted almost $600, which my wife seemed to think was reasonable, I am about willing to give it a try.

Thanks, I'll go back through this post to look for the kit.
I guess it depends on your own mechanical ability, but it was an extremely easy install for me.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Is there any LED (hight quality, BTW)fogs that will fit in the holes?

3 1/2" diameter... JWspeaker has nothing less than 4"

found a few at 3.75"

and then I found this:

PIAA | Toyota Tacoma 2012+ VSK LP530 3.5" LED Fog Light Kit, SAE Compliant #05350

they even have a driving lamp size at http://www.piaa.com/store/p/640-Toyota-Tundra-2014-VSK-LP530-3-5-LED-Driving-Light-Kit.aspx

When my warranty expires, I'm really tempted to put these in!!!!

then there are these, the price is very low, not too sure, kind of cheap looking: http://store.ijdmtoy.com/High-Power-15W-Projector-LED-Fog-Lamps-p/halo-led-fog.htm

·
Registered
3 Posts
What switch did you end up finding that fit the opening/next to the traction control switch, looks real nice. New to this forum, just bought a New 2015 Versa 1.6 S Sedan, 5-Spd, no options, year end clearance sale for $9,995.00. Anyway am going to get the After Market Fog/Running Light Kit, and thought I might as well order the switch now as well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Did you ever gat an answer on upgrading the OEM fogs to better quality? I am half way through installing Hella mini DE zenon driving lights into the recently price slashed factory fog kit. Dropped from $275 to 53 plus 20 for shipping.
The OEMs require soaking the lens end of the lamp in gasoline for two days to swell the silicone sealer holding the lens to the body. Then pop out the factory reflector, and use a dermel to grind away the nubs holding the steel bulb retaining plates in place. from there it is just a matter of carefully grinding the plastic OEM housing till the Hella lamp will fit in from the back. Watch for alignment there is a top to align on the Hellas. Then trial fit everything before epoxy. Try many times before epoxy. The good news is the wiring harness that comes in the kit will plug directly into the HID ballasts from Hella.
Right now, I have the switch installed, one light converted, but not epoxyed and both blanks opened up. I am struggeling with access to the back area behind the fog lights. I could not get the piece above the grill off after the 5 top clips were removed.
So I have 2 questions for you. Can I access the back of the fog light area from below and wheel well only? And, where is the factory harness connection that is supposed to be behind the driver's side headlight? Thanks. Bob. 14 Note.

If you want a photo of the Hella to Nissan fitment, let me know.

·
Registered
17 Posts
hello guys!!! question time...........

1. did i read correctly that the sedan SV is already pre wired? if so does that mean from bulb to switch pre wired? or just wired at the bulb area

2. where do you get the factory switch? or is it something that is built in on the headlight stick?

3. are the part #'s L/H 62257-6W80B & R/H 62256-6W80B still correct for the bezels?

4. are the part #'s 26150RH & 26155LH still correct for the lamps themselves?

21 - 37 of 37 Posts