Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have removed the alternator from the engine but I can't get the alternator out of the engine compartment is there a trick to it or what do I have to remove to get it out

·
Registered
674 Posts
I have removed the alternator from the engine but I can't get the alternator out of the engine compartment is there a trick to it or what do I have to remove to get it out
I looked in all the usual places and cannot come up with an answer for you. Couple of videos on Youtube show guys changing out their belts, but not actually removing the alternator. Unfortunately, the shop manuals are not longer available on line.

·
Registered
940 Posts
https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=5546004&cc=3308820&jsn=381

Look close at that pic and specifically at the further away bolt holes, the circles around them. Those are light pressfit bushings that the long bolt goes through, they pull up really tight when the bolt is tightened and then the alt essentially becomes locked in place to be part of the bracket. The task there is to pry or whack the alt without damaging it to slide those inserts back out a slight bit, then the alt will fall right out.

Fords have used that method for years; it holds alts in place really well. Make sure the new alt has the inserts pressed out to be even with the rest of the leg casting or the alt may not fit down in place. It will be super loose but the bolts pull those back up tight to tighten the whole thing up. I use a pair of vise-grips slightly offset to press the inserts back out.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I looked in all the usual places and cannot come up with an answer for you. Couple of videos on Youtube show guys changing out their belts, but not actually removing the alternator. Unfortunately, the shop manuals are not longer available on line.
Where are the manuals online?

·
Registered
940 Posts
https://forums.nicoclub.com/versa-technical-discussions.html

Enroll for free and at the top of page. And quit making so much noise, or they will disappear again. It's all the whiners that likely cannot even use them but posting all over heaven and earth and over and over that alert people to those things. It's a network traffic thing. The quieter things stay the longer they last. I shouldn't have even mentioned it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
https://forums.nicoclub.com/versa-technical-discussions.html

Enroll for free and at the top of page. And quit making so much noise, or they will disappear again. It's all the whiners that likely cannot even use them but posting all over heaven and earth and over and over that alert people to those things. It's a network traffic thing. The quieter things stay the longer they last. I shouldn't have even mentioned it.
No 2015 model lol I wonder why not?

·
Registered
940 Posts
The car did a major change in '12; likely the '14 if sedan will be very close to the '15.

Sometimes they didn't purchase every manual, they DO cost money y'know.............

Car included both sedan and hatchback until '13 then the hatchback changed design to become the Note, lotta different things there in same year now.

You'll simply have to compare manual year sections to see which is closest and of course you should know whether you have a Versa or a Note.

I have an '11 and the '11 manual has some few things different even in that, it's a sedan (early) but some small things are NOT the same. Most is though. It can be common for very early and very late cars in a year to mix and match off year parts as the parts bins run out; they are never exactly even in parts.

·
Registered
33 Posts
The car did a major change in '12; likely the '14 if sedan will be very close to the '15.

Sometimes they didn't purchase every manual, they DO cost money y'know.............

Car included both sedan and hatchback until '13 then the hatchback changed design to become the Note, lotta different things there in same year now.

You'll simply have to compare manual year sections to see which is closest and of course you should know whether you have a Versa or a Note.

I have an '11 and the '11 manual has some few things different even in that, it's a sedan (early) but some small things are NOT the same. Most is though. It can be common for very early and very late cars in a year to mix and match off year parts as the parts bins run out; they are never exactly even in parts.
Thanks I got all the files, they will be a great help when I ever need to work on it!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
4 Participants
Pandemonium
Nissan Versa Forums
We’re a forum community dedicated to Nissan Versa owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion on performance, troubleshooting, accessories, purchasing, maintenance and more!
Full Forum Listing