Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2015 Nissan Versa Note heater/AC blower stopped. Not a good thing in this cold weather. The other day, we hit a bump and it started up again. Had heat for a day. Now it stopped again. Exactly where do I punch the inside to simulate that bump? I'd like to try that before spending 400 dollars.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2015 Nissan Versa Note heater/AC blower stopped. Not a good thing in this cold weather. The other day, we hit a bump and it started up again. Had heat for a day. Now it stopped again. Exactly where do I punch the inside to simulate that bump? I'd like to try that before spending 400 dollars.
Blower resistor for the motor. It's a less than $20 part. Part # 27150-EY00A . I just spent like $400 for some guy to spend all day in my driveway to figure it out on mine. I thought it was pine needles jamming up the motor from the sound, and the fact that it would turn back on if I took a hard turn or punched it.

To the right of your toes on the gas pedal is where this resistor board 'card' plugs in.

Also see previous thread on it. Interior blower/vents/etc. not working

·
Registered
1 Posts
Blower resistor for the motor. It's a less than $20 part. Part # 27150-EY00A . I just spent like $400 for some guy to spend all day in my driveway to figure it out on mine. I thought it was pine needles jamming up the motor from the sound, and the fact that it would turn back on if I took a hard turn or punched it.

To the right of your toes on the gas pedal is where this resistor board 'card' plugs in.

Also see previous thread on it. Interior blower/vents/etc. not working
Try looking up on UTUBE

·
Registered
447 Posts
It could any loose connection or just that the motor is worn and lands on a dead spot sometimes. This is not a typical symptom of a bad resistor. A diagnostic tech would put a scope on the motor circuit to watch the current and see if there are any bad commutator segments. This test can even be done when the fan isn't acting up.

It's often cheaper to just pay someone to diagnose the problem.

·
Registered
5 Posts
It could any loose connection or just that the motor is worn and lands on a dead spot sometimes. This is not a typical symptom of a bad resistor. A diagnostic tech would put a scope on the motor circuit to watch the current and see if there are any bad commutator segments. This test can even be done when the fan isn't acting up.

It's often cheaper to just pay someone to diagnose the problem.
My local nissan place wanted to replace the resistor and blower for $600+

It started working again on its own when it warmed back up, so it clearly isn't the blower that's the problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts