Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.

So i just got my front brakes changed but they are squeaking really bad whenever i brake. Also its very hard to stop could it be my rear brakes needing changed as well? PLEASE HELP

·
Registered
273 Posts
No, it shouldn't be hard to stop. Especially not worse than before you brought it. Same with squealing. Was this a reputable shop or a friend/family deal?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No, it shouldn't be hard to stop. Especially not worse than before you brought it. Same with squealing. Was this a reputable shop or a friend/family deal?
Okay so its not suppose to squeak we you get new brakes? && Should i get my drums changed because i haven't got them changed since i got the car. Im going on 4 years.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Definitely should not be squeaking. Did you get new pads and rotors? Sometimes just changing the pads results in noises depending on how they wore, being put on a more flat surface.

I personally don't touch drum brakes until they give me a reason to, like a low pedal, grinding, or pulsation. You can do some preventative maintenance by getting them serviced at maybe 60k if you want. They regularly last over 100k. I've got like 135k on mine right now actually.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They are brand new front pads just got them changed last Sunday. && im at 99k miles right now

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
1. No my rotors havent been changed it was just my front brakes
2. And no

·
Registered
819 Posts
1. No my rotors havent been changed it was just my front brakes
2. And no
The answer to question number 2 may be the issue. The one thing you don't want is having brakes that are not up to par that can cause you to have an accident. Take the car to professional to have your brakes checked to insure that they are in proper order, and if not, get them repaired there!!!!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Yeah, I always do the pads and rotors together. I saw this exact issue today on a Rogue. Front rotors were hammered, brand new pads. No grease anywhere, old hardware. If you want to see how to properly so brakes check out Eric O on the south main auto channel. He's a top notch and entertaining tech.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I agree with tutti57.
Eric O., is entertaining and educational. He has a ton of brake videos. Maybe you can even gain enough confidence to do it yourself.
Good luck!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts