Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got my first car and I'm looking to learn about cars as well as make mine a little better, I blew out the speakers yesterday while driving back from the beach and I am curious if you all have suggestions for what I should replace it with? I mainly listen to very bassy music and I want to upgrade the engine so I can possibly take it to shows or races in the far future.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Please don't take this the wrong way. I'm only commenting on the engine swap.
We drive an economic vehicle, with several limitations. Even if you could fit the V8 that comes with the Corvette Z06, we will still be driving a Versa.
You would need to change brakes, transmission, suspension, chassis,...
Basically, you are better off with another car.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Please don't take this the wrong way. I'm only commenting on the engine swap.
We drive an economic vehicle, with several limitations. Even if you could fit the V8 that comes with the Corvette Z06, we will still be driving a Versa.
You would need to change brakes, transmission, suspension, chassis,...
Basically, you are better off with another car.
Yea, I’m kinda more just looking for the speakers, the engine swap is something after I get another car and it’ll probably be after the engine dies on it. Thank you tho!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just did a speaker and radio head unit upgrade. I bought all the parts from Crutchfield, and they have a fit guide on their site. The 2015 factory speakers are not strong, and many of the radios Crutchfield has specify that the factory speakers should be upgraded with the head unit.
I bought MTX Terminator6 speakers for $50 per set - same model front and rear. Crutchfield included the necessary adapters to make the speakers fit the car and a pretty detailed description of the tools and process for removing the inside door panels. Tools required were minimal - #2 phillips and torx driver - I think it was a #20 - and a plastic pry bar. Speakers also came with the correct wiring adapter.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts