Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the freeway a 4:00AM and hit some debris, I have found fender liners online (passengers side got busted up a bit) but there is a plastic piece that runs across under the front bumper. Can't find nor do I know what that part is called, anyone know? Anyone know of an exploded diagram of all the front body pieces? Once I start taking it apart I suspect I will find some other bits I will want to replace.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
https://parts.nissanusa.com/nissanp...id=J&sectionid=620&jointvehid=18974&siteid=14

Likely to be part #62660Q ..............or BRACKET, APRON...........the front valence panel on any other car. Price around $170 for Nissan one.

If it can be removed 100% to be clean looking the car will most likely run fine without it, I have removed the one off mine and my 2 Ford Focus cars are the same way. You don't know they are gone. I removed the one off the Nissan simply to speed up oil changes.

The parts tear loose easy as spit with any pulling up over curbs higher than spec and why they are priced so high, many think the cars will overheat or something with them gone...........wrong.

·
Registered
2014 Versa Note S Plus
173 Posts
Nissan Parts, Accessories, and Merchandise - Nissan Parts & Accessories Online

Likely to be part #62660Q ..............or BRACKET, APRON...........the front valence panel on any other car. Price around $170 for Nissan one.

If it can be removed 100% to be clean looking the car will most likely run fine without it, I have removed the one off mine and my 2 Ford Focus cars are the same way. You don't know they are gone. I removed the one off the Nissan simply to speed up oil changes.

The parts tear loose easy as spit with any pulling up over curbs higher than spec and why they are priced so high, many think the cars will overheat or something with them gone...........wrong.
I removed Part #62660Q a month or so ago from my V Note to drain the coolant. The service manual does not show all of the clips that needed to be removed in order to remove this apron bracket (a.k.a. front under cover, front splash guard). There was a clip way towards the front of the car that was not shown in the service manual; it took me a while to figure out that there was a clip there at all. I was yanking on the apron bracket trying to pry it off thinking that I had removed all of the clips. Luckily I thought to check there just in case and I found that clip; used a long flathead screwdriver to remove it and, voila, the apron bracket came off.

I had actually been researching whether I need to put it back on (i.e. if it is needed to protect the engine bay). From what I found, it seems like people think that rocks that get kicked up may damage the oil pan or other engine components. This doesn't make much sense as I'm unsure how it would provide much protection considering that it is so short in length (maybe one (1) foot). I was thinking the same as you, amc49, in that my car should be fine without it. I have not put it back on even though I have finished draining/replacing the coolant because I was lazy and because they sell for decent prices on eBay (used ones sell for ~$70) so I've been considering selling mine as well.

As for the part tearing loose easily, the air dam/front spoiler that was attached to the bottom of the front bumper did tear loose "easy as spit" a few years ago. Good riddance, actually, as it scraped the pavement every time that I would pull into or out of a driveway or drive over a dip. Really irritating. I ended up removing what was left of it and threw it in the trash. Out of curiosity, I researched the price of it on the internet and found that it costs ~$200 new (probably $250 by now); I could've removed it when it was still intact and sold it for, perhaps, $100, which made me really bummed at the lost opportunity to make money on an annoying and soon-to-be-broken part.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts