Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I’ve got a 2015 Versa with 191k miles on it and the transmission, according to the guy at the transmission shop, “was toast”

They installed a remanufactured transmission and they tell me it’s got the same code as when I brought it in (I didn’t get the code) but he’s telling me it’s potentially wiring or the computer. I thought from everything I had heard and read this was a reputable shop, now I’m getting concerned I won’t get my car back in a running manner, it’s been in the shop for 3 weeks.

how hard is it to figure out the issue once you know what the code is? I’m thinking about taking it to another shop, but truthfully don’t have a lot more to invest in this endeavor.
Anyone have any ideas? Suggestions? How much would wiring issues or a computer be to fix? Probably too broad to tell.

Thanks, I’m new here this is my first post but I read a lot.

Cheers
Richard

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Versa S (manual transmission)
224 Posts
You may want to research your State Laws and see if there is a law for "Implied warranty of merchantability"

I'm not an attorney but have utilized this law (many - many years ago) in regards to a failed car repair.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Is the vehicle running and driving exactly the same with the replacement transmission as it was with the original?

We'd really need the code at a minimum to even begin to suggest anything.

Does your 2015 have the CVT or 4spd AT? Either way, just shy of 200K miles is a pretty good lifespan for the average minimally maintained transmission, so I can kind of get why the shop wanted to replace it given the miles. I just hate to see parts swapped without doing a thorough diagnosis first.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Sounds like they misdiagnosed it or didn't do the programming after the replacement. Some codes won't clear until you do all of the proper steps. I'd bring it to the dealership. A lot of transmission shops don't do in house programming, so who knows what they did.

Another super common issue is either not seating the round transmission connector all the way, or bending one of the many pins in it while trying to install it.

I've never seen a "bad" transmission out of the box.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts