Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 Versa Note with manual transmission and ordinary ignition key and need to replace the battery. What battery do I need? Does the 2015 Versa have multiple different batteries depending on the transmission? What is the difference between the batteries? I was told that using the incorrect battery would result in the Engine Fail light to remain on. No help from the Owner's Manual re type of battery. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
167 Posts
A group/size T4 battery is what I saw poking around online for a MT 2015 Versa note.

I've seen reports were T5 and 121R also fit CVT equipped and MT.

·
Registered
982 Posts
I quit using the 'correct' battery some time ago when I saw the newer ones that really are not any different other than a small amount of measurement begin to increase in price some 30%-40%. Now I look for the lowest cost battery that fits the location and I don't care if it is the right one or not. All it needs to do is fit tight with the fastening parts and I am willing to change some of that to help save money on the battery. The CCA of course must be at least the called for number. With that in mind I use a $75 battery in my Fords that replaces a $130 one and laugh all the way to the bank. I even switched one car to side posts to get a cheaper battery and even adding parts to fit saved $30. And gained hood clearance in a tight situation too.

When they call out for these oddball hard-to-find sizes that cost way too much and you simply cave in with no questioning of it at all, well,...........................................I think of sheep first.

THROW that money away, I have already premeasured for a 75 series in my Versa and it appears to fit perfect, or it will pretty quick.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts