Nissan Versa Forums banner

2015 Versa Battery Questions

5K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  LI_Dave 
I quit using the 'correct' battery some time ago when I saw the newer ones that really are not any different other than a small amount of measurement begin to increase in price some 30%-40%. Now I look for the lowest cost battery that fits the location and I don't care if it is the right one or not. All it needs to do is fit tight with the fastening parts and I am willing to change some of that to help save money on the battery. The CCA of course must be at least the called for number. With that in mind I use a $75 battery in my Fords that replaces a $130 one and laugh all the way to the bank. I even switched one car to side posts to get a cheaper battery and even adding parts to fit saved $30. And gained hood clearance in a tight situation too.

When they call out for these oddball hard-to-find sizes that cost way too much and you simply cave in with no questioning of it at all, well,...........................................I think of sheep first.

THROW that money away, I have already premeasured for a 75 series in my Versa and it appears to fit perfect, or it will pretty quick.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.