Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kinda disappointed that our new (to us) Versa Note hatchback doesn't seem to have TMPS.
I presume the only fix would be to add an aftermarket TMPS system (which seems to be more $$ that I may want to spend at this time).

·
Registered
139 Posts
I have a 2015 Note S, base model and it came with TPMS. I thought the same thing but when I bought my rims they were in the stock rims. I just got TPMS rebuild kit and switched them out. The valve stem looks like a regular valve stem and not the metal one that is normally present. Discount Tire reset them for me. One way to check it is to let some air out and drive around the block till light comes on, I can't remember what PSI it triggered. Hope this helps and hope you have them to.

On a different note, one thing that some times is missing is the cabin air filter. I had one but lots of people report not having that. Q

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a 2015 Note S, base model and it came with TPMS. I thought the same thing but when I bought my rims they were in the stock rims. I just got TPMS rebuild kit and switched them out. The valve stem looks like a regular valve stem and not the metal one that is normally present. Discount Tire reset them for me. One way to check it is to let some air out and drive around the block till light comes on, I can't remember what PSI it triggered. Hope this helps and hope you have them to.

On a different note, one thing that some times is missing is the cabin air filter. I had one but lots of people report not having that. Q
Where is and what does the the TPMS light look like on the dash? If so equipped won't it flash on for as second at startup like all the other warning lights? (I presume the PS light is power steering).

There is a good article here on adding a cabin filter, apparently the slot is there under the glove box you just have to buy the filter. This will probably be my first upgrade.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I just looked at my dash with the acc switch on, I have no light when on. TPMS light only comes on when tire is low. What model Note do you have? I think that the base model "S" with out the intelligence package doesn't indicate that on my dash. Only upper models probably have the illumination with key on. Any one with a model above a S model will be able to verify.

On the cabin air filter, check first if you have one. Mine had one, some do some don't. Q

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
2015 Note SV, I do have a small air compressor so I suppose I could deflate and see if a light comes on.

I know you are tied of this question but what wheels are you running? :smile

·
Registered
139 Posts
I would be surprised to hear a "SV" model doesn't have it. I know when I tried the air down method I didn't go low enough to activate the sensor, I think it's pretty low like 20 psi or lower. I went to Discount tire to verify the sensors were in there and they are. Dropped air a little more and got light to come on, just don't remember the #.

Rims on my car are Drag 66 17x7 40ET from Discount Tire. No bad questions, that's why we all come here!!!!! Q

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would be surprised to hear a "SV" model doesn't have it. I know when I tried the air down method I didn't go low enough to activate the sensor, I think it's pretty low like 20 psi or lower. I went to Discount tire to verify the sensors were in there and they are. Dropped air a little more and got light to come on, just don't remember the #.

Rims on my car are Drag 66 17x7 40ET from Discount Tire. No bad questions, that's why we all come here!!!!! Q
Just looked and I have the metal valve stems... are the TPMS stems rubber?

When my tires need replacing I'm looking at the Drag DR-31 or DR-16 in white (my Versa is sky blue... or whatever they call that color).

·
Registered
519 Posts
TPMS are now required per US government regulations so I'm sure your car has them. I get reminded of that every winter when I install my set of snow tires/wheels without the sensors when the light flashes for 30 seconds, then remains steady for the rest of the drive.

Most valve stems nowadays are rubber as the TPMS sensor sits just behind the valve stem. That way it is fairly inexpensive and simple to replace the rubber part required when you move the sensor to a different wheel (a.k.a TPMS rebuild).

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have "the cheapest brand new car sold in United States ". I was really surprised when low pressure light came on this winter. It's located below speedometer needle, left from center. This stupid app doesn't let me to upload a photo since I didn't create a profile yet..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
TPMS are now required per US government regulations so I'm sure your car has them. I get reminded of that every winter when I install my set of snow tires/wheels without the sensors when the light flashes for 30 seconds, then remains steady for the rest of the drive.

Most valve stems nowadays are rubber as the TPMS sensor sits just behind the valve stem. That way it is fairly inexpensive and simple to replace the rubber part required when you move the sensor to a different wheel (a.k.a TPMS rebuild).
I have "the cheapest brand new car sold in United States ". I was really surprised when low pressure light came on this winter. It's located below speedometer needle, left from center. This stupid app doesn't let me to upload a photo since I didn't create a profile yet..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks guys!

When TPMS first came out I was all grumpy old man "I don't need no stinking sensor to tell me my tires are low!!!"

But my last couple of cars have had it and it has saved my butt a few times.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just to update, yes indeed my Versa has TMPS (one tire finally went low and it went off)
The thing that threw me off was the TMPS lights don't come on when I start the car... all my other cars do that.
Thanks for the replies!
:smile

·
Super Moderator
1,105 Posts
My old car if the tpms light was on you could not turn off traction control. You had to drive at least 25 mph for the light to come on or off as the sensors are motion activated.

If the tire was low you got a low error. If you got a tpms error it was a sensor with a dead battery. Most tire shops can check the sensor and battery level.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
6 Participants
Cobb
Nissan Versa Forums
We’re a forum community dedicated to Nissan Versa owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion on performance, troubleshooting, accessories, purchasing, maintenance and more!
Full Forum Listing